UKC

Man seeks partner for artic/cold weather expeditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
So for the last year or so I've been trying to organise various expeditions to the arctic (current ideas in my head are a Sarek winter traverse, and the Pang traverse on Baffin but I'm pretty open minded as long as I get out this winter!!) but I always fall short when finding someone to go with. I just don't have a lot of friends with the same aims, experience and time/money. I thought I'd post on here and see if I could find anyone who perhaps is in the same position.

What I'm looking for:

Someone with some cold weather camping experience, ideally with some expeditions under their belt so you have an idea of the endurance needed, and the ability to keep positive when it's getting really grim (important). Enough money and gear that you can afford to go away - I've had a fair amount of people 'very interested' only to lead me on for a while and then suddenly come to the realisation they have no time or money.

About me:

I live in South London. Climb easy stuff, go hiking in the mountains when I can, in the last few years trekked across Lake Baikal in Siberia, and skiied across Vatnajokull in Iceland. I'm not super athletic, or fast (so competitive powerful athletic types would probably find me annoying), but can truck on all day no problem. I'm super easy going and get on with everyone, as long as you aren't, you know... racist or argumentative, or Nigel Farage.

Ideally the person will live in London/Surrey area which would make a lot of things easier, and help get to know the you. But yeah! If you're interested in getting out to some wild places let me know

Jim 1003 19 Nov 2016
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

What's wrong with Nigel?
 nicmac 20 Nov 2016
In reply to Jim 1003:

I dont think he has much expedition experience
 Deviant 20 Nov 2016

Are you gay ?
 Sean Kelly 20 Nov 2016

What was the famous Tillman ad for an expedition?
 Simon4 20 Nov 2016
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Shackleton actually.

And certainly nothing like as bigoted and whining as this offering.
 chris687 20 Nov 2016

Sent you a message
elefantee 21 Nov 2016
In reply to Simon4:

What's the matter? Upset that you aren't invited?
 Siward 21 Nov 2016
In reply to Sean Kelly:

'Hand (man) wanted for long voyage in small boat. No pay, no prospects, not much pleasure.’
 Damo 22 Nov 2016
In reply to Siward:

Despite numerous investigations, there is no evidence that this Shackleton ad ever existed.

> 'Hand (man) wanted for long voyage in small boat. No pay, no prospects, not much pleasure.’

Sean Kelly 22 Nov 2016
In reply to Siward:
> 'Hand (man) wanted for long voyage in small boat. No pay, no prospects, not much pleasure.’

I'm not really sure what a 'hand' man is?

Siward 24 Nov 2016
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Doesn't it mean that a hand (I.e somebody to help man a boat) is wanted who must be male as opposed to female...
 krikoman 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> I'm not really sure what a 'hand' man is?

Deviant will show you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...