UKC

Where can I hide out for 800 Pounds?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aigen 24 Nov 2016
I am starting a new job in March 1st. I have from 9th January to 1st March to go somewhere but I only have 800 pounds to spend. Any ideas? It doesn't have to be a climbing place. Just 800 for flights, Accommodation, Food etc.

Any ideas?
 Pedro50 24 Nov 2016
In reply to Aigen:

El Chorro? Been there on my own in the winter, found plenty of partners, cheap lifestyle.
 Kimono 24 Nov 2016
In reply to Aigen:
Cheap flight to malaga, hitch to tarifa, ferry to morocco. Pretty cheap standard of living there and a fascinating country.
Use air b`n`b for cheap accommodation and to meet interesting locals
 MischaHY 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Aigen:

Second vote for Chorro. Flights to Malaga are £40 return plus baggage and the train to Chorro is £5 each way. Once there you can walk to the crags and find partners everywhere. Camping is cheap at Olive Branch or similar and the routes are endless. £800 will go a long way!
 Dax H 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Aigen:

For £800 you can live in my shed for 2 months.
We store the catfood in there so there is plenty of food and there is a garden pond for water.
Almscliff is only a 40 min drive away one way and Stanage is about 50 mins the other way.
 Toerag 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Aigen:

All the euro summer holiday destinations will be cheap - Ibiza, Tenerife, spain etc. They will be pretty dead though.
 marsbar 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Aigen:

You could try house sitting if you like pets and you have references.
 Kahti 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Aigen:

If you don't mind doing a bit of voluntary work have a gander on helpx or workaway. Usual deal is around 3/4 hours a day in return for food and accommodation. You could find something your interested in learning about (I spent a few months building eco houses, learning about permaculture and hunting around NZ for example) or just pick whatever near to a good climbing location (me and a mate spent 4 months working at a hostel in Iceland. Standard work but often splitting it between morning and night meant we could go out ski touring almost every day)

Only cost would be flights there and registering on one or other site (~£20 for a year iirc) leaving you a good £650 or so to spend on beer!
 Bob Hughes 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Kimono:

or fly all the way there for 56 quid...!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...