UKC

VIDEO: Kendal Rekindled - Andy Pollitt in Conversation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Nov 2016
Andy Pollitt, 5 kbAs part of the Petzl Rock session at Kendal Mountain Festival, a virtual Andy Pollitt - author of Punk in the Gym - joined in with the panel discussion. An entertaining video of Andy 'in conversation' with Charlie Creese was also shown and the video has now been released online.

Read more
 Wft 25 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:

brilliant
 Mick Ward 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Wood for Trees:

Agree - superb. How strange to see Andy again, all these years later.

Always wondered what Charlie Creese was like. His urbane, self-deprecating manner was exactly right. Not as easy as it sounds interviewing friends. He couldn't have done it better. A brilliant presenter.

I guess Andy will remain an iconic figure to each succeeding generation - and deservedly so.

Mick
 Blake 25 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:

One of my fave climbing biographies! Very human and honest. The self deprecating humour can't hide that this was a seriously talented lad with balls of steel. Such an important part of our climbing culture. I love the design and how its put together too.

Sorry to hear he finally lost his job in the end after an underlying vibe towards the end of the book that it wasn't working out. I sense a sadness in that face and demeanour; I hope everything works out ok for him - still a hero in British climbing, you haven't got to look far on the classic crags to see a seldom repeated Pollitt route!
In reply to UKC News:

I could have spent much longer watching these two. Brilliant video. Andy's is the only crop of climber autobiographies that I'm keeping. I wish him well.
xyz 25 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:
Brilliant!

Andy was my number one climbing hero when I first started climbing at Uni.

One year our climbing club, The Stoats (University of Birmingham), invited Andy to give a talk, he'd done Knockin' on Heavens Door the same year. I remember sitting in the University bar after his talk kinda feeling awestruck to be having a pint with my hero and feeling very shy!!

Great to see that video and long live lycra
Post edited at 20:40
 Pete O'Donovan 25 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Hi Andy,

Great to see you in the flesh, as it were, and still looking (and sounding) good!

Never met Charlie Creese but I remember his name from way back when, doing hard things down under (reported in 'Mountain' mag) and I like his interveiwing technique.

Pete.

David Alcock 26 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Andy. Brought a smile to my face.
 FactorXXX 26 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Outstanding and great fun!

A crazy diamond amongst a sea of Zirconia. Long may you shine!
 AP Melbourne 26 Nov 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:
> Agree - superb. How strange to see Andy again, all these years later.
> Mick

Thanks heaps Mick - and others too. Hope everyone's well etc.

However, could the person who gave Mick's post a dislike please have the gumption to say who you are and name yourself (can find out through the mods anyway) and just what your objection is?
This is all just a bit of fun and a break from the daily grind ,,, no? Do 'you' have nothing better to do than gripe at what old friends post? All a bit sad really.
AP.
Post edited at 13:10
 deacondeacon 26 Nov 2016
In reply to AP Melbourne:

Don't worry about it. It's more than likely someone has just pressed it by accident reading it on a phone or tablet
If it was on purpose then yes 'f**k em'.
 Shani 27 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Laugh-out-loud funny. Excellent.
In reply to AP Melbourne

> However, could the person who gave Mick's post a dislike please have the gumption to say who you are and name yourself (can find out through the mods anyway) and just what your objection is?

Steady on. It's only a climbing forum, no need for the thought police.

planetmarshall 27 Nov 2016
In reply to AP Melbourne:

> ...can find out through the mods anyway...

Well you could ask, but I doubt they'd tell you. Even assuming likes and dislikes aren't anonymized.

Besides, I wouldn't give it any thought. There's nearly always a phantom disliker....
Gaz Parry Climbing 27 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Watched this this other night. Super good. AP was one of my heroes and still is, was so good to follow some of his footsteps....Punks one day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...