UKC

playing music from i phone to car stereo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 24 Nov 2016
having driven old cars and vans for most of my days im a bit behind the times with up to date technology so apologies if this is a bit of a dim question.
ive currently got an I phone 6 and have tried in the past playing music through my car stereo via various devices with little success at getting a decent sound.
ive just got a 2016 transit via my work and the van stereo has a usb input port on it. despite looking at the manual and searching online I cant seem to figure out how to play music from my I phone to the radio.
is there a cable which plugs into the I phone direct to the usb in the radio I can buy or is it more complicated than that.
thanks in advance.
KevinD 24 Nov 2016
In reply to buzby:

Dunno how the van stereos compare to the car ones. Suspect will be the same. In which case you could just pair it via bluetooth.
 Big Ger 24 Nov 2016
In reply to buzby:

I had that conundrum when driving a brand spanking new hire car in the UK last month. As KevinD says, Bluetooth coupling is the way to go.

I got my 15 year old niece to sort it out for me.
 DancingOnRock 24 Nov 2016
In reply to buzby:
On the VW you just plug the lightning cable in from the iPhone to the USB, 'connecting...' comes up on the display and then you press Media button. The display then shows your library.
Post edited at 23:51
In reply to buzby:

'Carplay'?
 galpinos 25 Nov 2016
In reply to buzby:

Just use your lightening cable (the one that came with the phone) to plug the phone into the USB. If it doesn't instantly recognise it, they'll be an 'input' option for music on the stereo and that will either be 'USB' or 'Aux'.
 Chris the Tall 25 Nov 2016
In reply to buzby:

Sounds like you need a cable with a headphone jack on one end and a USB at the other, but don't know if such a thing exists.

Maybe a better solution is to put your music on a USB stick and plug that in
 marsbar 25 Nov 2016
In reply to buzby:

Have you tried the charger cable?
OP buzby 25 Nov 2016
In reply to marsbar:
thanks for the info folks, plugged the charger cable direct from the phone to the radio and it works ok, I assumed the output for music would have to connect from the headphone jack but it seems it also comes from the charger point on the phone as well.
my apprentice is none to impressed though, apparently doesn't like Johnny cash or Neil Diamond .

youngsters , eh.

p.s I suspect he knew how to do it but wasn't impressed with my playlist. nae luck son.
Post edited at 11:33
 marsbar 25 Nov 2016
In reply to buzby:

I'm sure he knew

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...