/ Annapurna circuit - tea houses

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Ian_Cognito on 25 Nov 2016
Hi,

Kicking around the idea of doing the Annapurna Circuit, with a view to travelling fast and light and staying in tea houses.

I'd be interested to hear from people that have done similar what sort of toilet facilities I can expect in tea houses and elsewhere along the route.

Thanks,
jondo - on 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Ian_Cognito:

did it 17 years ago... right up until the pass it as ok... i mean pretty basic but not disgusting.
before the thorung la there is a place you sleep at around 4500m , that toilet is disgusting, but after the pass its basically hotels with proper sewers all the way back.
may have changed since then, and changed again since the earthquake.
theomoore - on 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Ian_Cognito:

I did it about 5 years ago and the toilets were, as the above poster describes, basic: hole in the ground and a bucket of water. There were some which were better but none worse than this.

On the way back down the other side we did stay in an unusually swanky tea house/hotel which was called, and all in the style of, Bob Marley.
Adam Hill on 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Ian_Cognito:

You can sit down for a crap around the entire circuit now. Times have changed. If you fancy squatting then I suggest the Manaslu circuit.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Ian_Cognito on 16:34 Mon
In reply to Adam Hill:

Thanks - exactly what I wanted to know.

I don't fancy squatting at all, hence the question.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.