/ Lost backpack

Frankie Riley on 27 Nov 2016 - host86-179-185-252.range86-179.btcentralplus.com
Lost backpack off of snowdon crest near Watkin path but unfortunately I think it fell towards glaslyn.

Would be grateful if anyone comes across it, reward given.

Many thanks
1philjones1 - on 27 Nov 2016
In reply to Frankie Riley:

Can you be any more specific Frankie in where it might have landed? Planning on going up the Miners tomorrow, past Glaslyn and then up Grybin ridge so Ill keep an eye open. What colour is it?
Simonfarfaraway - on 27 Nov 2016

how can anyone lose a rucksack!?
abseil on 27 Nov 2016
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

> how can anyone lose a rucksack!?

It's not hard, one way is:
1. place near edge of drop
2. nudge over drop by mistake, or watch it blown over drop

I hope you get your bag back, Frankie.
Jim C - on 27 Nov 2016
In reply to abseil:
It's why I keep my car keys etc in a bumbag or similar on my person.
( after seeing a note on the board at CM, looking for a sack with keys wallet etc)

I remember few years back rescuing a ladies sack that rolled down a slope into a river, lucky for her she had a waterproof liner and it floated.
Post edited at 22:32
Frankie Riley on 28 Nov 2016 - 85.255.235.64 whois?
In reply to 1philjones1:
Thanks so much. It literally slipped off the cliff when we stopped on a hard section, in hindsight very stupid.
We had completed y gribin and were probably about 2/3rds up snowdon above the snow line. It fell down towards the lake but not sure entirely where, I think the best view would be from y gribin but light was fading so couldnt return.
It's a rusty red colour and had a waterproof jacket attached to the top which was navy, not the best colours for searching unfortunately.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Frankie
Frankie Riley on 28 Nov 2016 - 85.255.235.64 whois?

Sorry, just realised you went today, too delayed in replying. Thanks anyway. Frankie
1philjones1 - on 28 Nov 2016
Hi Frankie, I followed the same route today but didn't find it. As I was on the top slopes of Snowdon on a direct line up, rather than on the Watkin path, I looked back down and could see something red/orange beneath the slabs between y Lliwedd and Snowdon but it was a long way away and couldn't tell if it was a rucksack. It was at the bottom of one of the gullies and probably 100m above the lake. Not sure if this makes sense or is likely to be where it fell. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Phil
Frankie Riley on 28 Nov 2016 - 85.255.236.53 whois?
In reply to 1philjones1:

Sounds about right, thanks for your help!