UKC

B3 Boot suggestions for Scottish winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bodovix 27 Nov 2016
"unforeseen circumstances" have dictated that I now need some new boots,

anyone have any suggestions? money is a factor but don't want rubbish,, idk thought here was a good place to start,

cheers,
bodovix
 jonnie3430 27 Nov 2016
In reply to bodovix:

Size 8 ? I have some to sell. If not, decathlon and try on loads to see what fits and what size you need, then have a swatch at eBay.
 wbo 27 Nov 2016
In reply to bodovix:
what did you have before, and what fitted you?
Post edited at 20:52
OP bodovix 27 Nov 2016
In reply to wbo:

i had super old & super heavy plastic Scarpas, so anything will be an improvement on those,,

was looking at : "LA SPORTIVA NEPAL TOP EXTREME'S" - partly because of the price
but the name puts me off... 'Nepal extreme' sounds like a bit of a marketing ploy plus things with extreme in the title are usually trash. in my experience anyway...

again id just be in Scotland,
anyone had any experiences with them or other sugestions?
In reply to bodovix:

In this case it's not. Nepal Tops have been around for yonks and, while most people have moved onto lighter, nimbler recent versions, the old Tops were very solid and hardwearing (if my memory isn't failing me, never owned a pair).

Great price at Decthlon just now.

If you want something a bit lighter and more flexible, but less warm and supportive have a look to see if you can find La Sportiva Trango Evo Extreme GTX http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1782

That's what I'm currently using and they're pretty decent, but getting hard to find now.
 GrantM 27 Nov 2016
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:

> Great price at Decthlon just now.

And you can use Go Outdoors price match to beat the Decathlon price by 10%, making them £207.
OP bodovix 28 Nov 2016
In reply to bodovix:

went for the Nepals since i needed ones fast & it seemd the best i was going to get new without spendig £+400 or something stupid,

thanks guys
 wercat 28 Nov 2016
In reply to bodovix:

If they are a reasonable fit (more important than anything else) you will not be disappointed, Had a pair for years and while they are distinctly less comfortable for walking in I can't fault their performance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...