/ Rave Cave location Hodge Close ish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
red1200 - on 28 Nov 2016
Was reminiscing with a friend last night about some things we did as students in the 90's and one thing i remember is going to a rave in a cave somewhere near coniston, Hodge close area i think, but not Hodge close itself.

Anyone know where the rave cave was, i'm off to the lakes in a cople of weeks and would like to have a look in there just to see what its like again.

Cheers

Stu Tyrrell on 28 Nov 2016
red1200 - on 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Stu Tyrrell:

Thanks, I knew Hodge Close is unstable but I think the rave cave was somewhere else not the main quarry although might be wrong.

I seem to remember there was a tunnel you walked through before getting to a large chamber. Dnot think it was cathedral quarry either.
3leggeddog on 28 Nov 2016
In reply to red1200:

I think the cave was blown up to prevent further raves. Miserable sods.

On a similar note, didn't one of the shamen drown in Rydal cave, swimming with the goldfish after a large amount of psychadelics.
woppo - on 28 Nov 2016
In reply to red1200:

some photos of it yesterday on Facebook page of 'mines and quarries of the lake district and cumbria' group.
closed group but photos seem to show still accessible
Mark Eddy - on 28 Nov 2016
In reply to red1200:

I think it's near to Elterwater but now all gated off to prevent access.
Ridge - on 28 Nov 2016
In reply to 3leggeddog:

> I think the cave was blown up to prevent further raves. Miserable sods.

> On a similar note, didn't one of the shamen drown in Rydal cave, swimming with the goldfish after a large amount of psychadelics.

I remember seeing goldfish in the Cathedral. Not heard the story about one of the Shamen.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Ben Farley - on 29 Nov 2016
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Will Sinnot of the Shamen died swimming off the Canary Islands if I remember correctly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.