UKC

Learning Piano - Software.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pyreneenemec 01 Dec 2016
Not exactly a New Year's resolution, but I'd like to start playing the piano again. I've got loads of free time and the motivation is certainly there ! I've been looking at the different learning tools available on the internet and have narrowed it down to two : Piano Marvel and Playground Sessions. Has anyone tried either of these, or have you tried and could recommend another ?

Once back into the swing of things I'll also have some one to one tuition.

Thanks !
 Sharp 02 Dec 2016
In reply to Pyreneenemec:

I haven't tried them but I take it you've scoured youtube before settling on them? There's a lot of free (and paid for) material on YT that's really good quality and you can try them out to see which teaching styles work for you before splashing out.
blackratdog 02 Dec 2016
In reply to Pyreneenemec:

I'm in the same position as you of wanting to start playing again. I haven't tried any of the software available but from my prior investigations, Synthesia gets a lot of recommendations.
OP Pyreneenemec 03 Dec 2016
In reply to Sharp:

> I haven't tried them but I take it you've scoured youtube before settling on them? There's a lot of free (and paid for) material on YT that's really good quality and you can try them out to see which teaching styles work for you before splashing out.

Thanks.

I have checked out YT and this helped to narrow down my list.

One of the big advantages of the two I mention ( and probably many others) is paying by monthly subscription, with-apparently-no restrictions.
OP Pyreneenemec 03 Dec 2016
In reply to blackratdog:

> I'm in the same position as you of wanting to start playing again. I haven't tried any of the software available but from my prior investigations, Synthesia gets a lot of recommendations.

Thanks, I'll take a look !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...