UKC

Lakes dry rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunnyg 02 Dec 2016
Any ideas for bigish dryish routes this weekend? Looking for easy stuff so belays are short! Something with positive holds would be nice incease it is wet, and a shortish walk in - though this isn't a deal breaker.
South facing is on the wishlist too.

any suggestions?
 Freshprintce 02 Dec 2016
In reply to dunnyg:

Napes? Had a great day on there last weekend, south facing so the rock was dry and pretty warm in the sun.

The walk in from Wasdale head isn't too bad.
OP dunnyg 02 Dec 2016
In reply to Freshprintce:

Good suggestion, but it is a bit further from Leeds than most other places - this is probably going to be a day hit. Might do though!
 Simon Caldwell 02 Dec 2016
In reply to dunnyg:

The walk in from Seathwaite isn't much longer than from Wasdale.

Gimmer's probably OK from Langdale, Raven Crag there certainly will be.
 Rog Wilko 02 Dec 2016
In reply to dunnyg:

Maybe the wrong side of the Lakes but Wallabarrow must be a good bet - open to any sun. Rock should be dry enough. Not sure what you mean by easy but Trinity Slabs is a ,4 Pitch V Diff. Start can be a bit damp but ok. The neighbouring V Diff takes a bit longer to dry. Thomas a bit harder at severe - can be greasy and insecure at start. Lots of good quick drying VSs if that's what you mean by easy.
Otherwise, Raven in Langdale will be good, though as I discovered last week sun sets at 2pm as it dips behind Pike o'Blisco.
If it is very windless (plus temperature inversion?) you might get more sun at higher level and it might still be pleasant!
 Rog Wilko 04 Dec 2016
In reply to dunnyg:

Was a perfect day today, how'd it go?
OP dunnyg 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Decided that driving that far for a day not winter climbing is a bit of a waste and had a failed attempt at Kilnsey main (due to broken partner) so learnt to bolt and went for a potter down a mine instead. I have been to both the crags you mentioned and they are both a good shout. Was a stunning weekend though, I fancy a trip to wallobarrow in the near future now. Thanks for your suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...