UKC

Deleting profile

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
sebastian dangerfield 05 Dec 2016
I've asked UKC to delete my profile a few times with no response. Any idea how I can get them to do this?
 Andy Hardy 05 Dec 2016
In reply to sebastian dangerfield:

Enable Badlocker? (possibly a Spoonerism)
 FactorXXX 05 Dec 2016

I've asked UKC to delete my profile a few times with no response. Any idea how I can get them to do this?

Go out in a blaze of glory and get yourself banned for posting something outrageously untoward!
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Sounds fun. But I don't understand!? Something Nadlocker?
In reply to FactorXXX:

Good idea! Might have a pop at those breixt voting, armchair tradvangelists, but other suggestions welcome?
 Sir Chasm 05 Dec 2016

> Good idea! Might have a pop at those breixt voting, armchair tradvangelists, but other suggestions welcome?

Have you considered not posting?
How about advocating the bolting of Right Unconquerable or chipping a big jug to make the top out easier?
Post edited at 19:34
J1234 05 Dec 2016

Personally I would suggest you look at the site help section http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/help.html or is that just too flaming obvious.
 Big Ger 05 Dec 2016

Just wait for a few months, special snowflakes always melt in the sun....

You could just stop coming on and posting.

Unless you're worried there's something on your profile you don't want people to see. In which case the one thing you must do is make sure you don't start a thread that'll get everyone having a quick look at your profile to see why you want it deleted........

Since you posted at 18:02 today (presumably without any UKC staff holding a gun to your head), it appears you are happy to continue posting, despite having a profile.

Just walk away. After six months of zero use, your account will be deleted.

[edit: just checked with a known defunct user account: it appears the six months auto-delete policy is no longer in force. Bums on seats, luvvie...?]
Post edited at 21:04
In reply to Sir Chasm:

> Have you considered not posting?

yes, but I feel oddly compelled to sometimes and it takes two years before they delete your profile
In reply to Lenin:

> Personally I would suggest you look at the site help section http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/help.html or is that just too flaming obvious.

Yes, it says there's no option to delete your account, so I emailed them an asked a couple of times and got no reply. Hence the post.
 WaterMonkey 05 Dec 2016

Just log off from all of your devices and delete your bookmark links so it's harder to get to.
I did that for a few months cos I was fed up with too many people not having a sense of humour on here. I came back but stayed logged off for a while and it was much better because you couldn't see the silly dislikers!

Or you could get someone to change your password so it's impossible for you to log back on!
In reply to Hugh J:

I was thinking curved ridge would make for some good via ferrata
In reply to WaterMonkey:

You can always just get a new one sent to your email.
 WaterMonkey 05 Dec 2016

> You can always just get a new one sent to your email.

And you could also just set up a new ID. You need a bit of self control
In reply to WaterMonkey:

True and true
 EddInaBox 05 Dec 2016

> You can always just get a new one sent to your email.

Always looking for a problem... luckily there's a solution:

1.) Get a temporary e-mail address, e.g. here - https://www.sharklasers.com/
2.) Go to your UKC user options page and change your e-mail to the temporary address
3.) Click the link in the e-mail sent to the temporary address, to confirm the change
3.) Open up a text editor, shut your eyes and bash out a few random characters, screw your eyes up so you can't see them well enough to read them and select the lot, then cut using Ctrl-X.
4.) Back on UKC go to the Change Password page and use Ctrl-V to paste your semi-random password into the New Password boxes.
5.) Log off from UKC
6.) Get a life.
In reply to EddInaBox:

thanks
 jimjimjim 05 Dec 2016

Weird request, just stop using it. I don't see any point in doing anything else. If you're really that bothered you wouldn't be reading this reply
Pan Ron 06 Dec 2016
In reply to jimjimjim:

The "right to be forgotten" on the internet is a rather big issue at the moment.
Doesn't seem an excessive request to expect UKC to be able to delete your profile.

So long as the profile exists there would certainly be a temptation during the two year period to pop in, see if you have any mail etc, thus restarting the clock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...