UKC

Training with a head cold

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pids 06 Dec 2016
Developed a head cold at the weekend, its been getting worser and worser since Sunday, full on snot and misery now - but I'm in the midst of a training schedule for a weekend of activities this weekend so the timing isnt good.

Do I continue to train and try sweat the cold out or lay off and hope it passes through by the weekend?

(it is "only" a head cold at present and not chest infection etc.)
 Jon Stewart 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Pids:

I've got a cold so there's no way I'm going to the wall. I think getting better as quick as poss (sleep, good food, lots of hot drinks) and then having good sessions afterwards will be much more productive than feeling like absolute shite and potentially spending longer in that state.
Ferret 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Pids:

If you are on a training schedule for something this weekend you should be standing down (easing off big time) by now, whether you have a cold or not. Whatever it is - you are not going to get fitter, stronger or better by carrying on so the upside is in resting and recovering.
 wbo 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Ferret: what he says. The usual advice is, if there's no fever, train gently, no high HR stuff. Any fever, pack in and rest

What are you going to do?

Timmd 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Pids:
I'd probably stay inside in the warm, and eat well and sleep early if it was me.

I know people 'can' train with head colds, but if the immune system is tacking something, it just seems kinder to one's body somehow - less chance of going 'bleargh' to a greater degree.
Post edited at 15:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...