UKC

Font trip early April needs female adult/ coach/instructor?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 teapot 10 Dec 2016
I am running a 6 day school trip to Font between 31st March and Tuesday 2nd April. That means 4 bouldering days and 2 travel days.

I have 2 girls who are keen to come, but need a female adult in attendance as it's an overnight trip. The total trip size is 6 students (aged 11-16), who all have some experience of outdoor bouldering. There will also be myself and my colleague- who are both qualified climbing instructors.

Both sisters (aged sub 15) are highly talented climbers who both climb on the comp circuit indoors, but have relatively little outdoor bouldering experience (except Font last year).

So if anyone would like to PM me if they are interested. You would need to be CRB checked (which is simple).

I have been running this trip for the last 8 years and it is basically like a climbing holiday for me. The students are never any bother at all.

So this could suit someone who just loves Font, who fancies a FULLY expenses paid trip (with a little added responsibility- not for the climbing, just as a chaperone for the girls.)

If there are any female climbing coaches who were available on those dates, then there might even be the option of me finding some additional funds in the budget to provide a dayly payment, although it would not be more than £75 per day, so £450 for the trip. The trip is run on a shoestring budget to keep it affordable so full dayly coaching rates is not an option. I expect there would be options for more future trips and also instructor work in school in future. For example next summer I am introducing an alpine bouldering (Magic Wood and Aile Froid) trip for our elder climbers/more advanced climbers.

The girls are both targeting Team GB and the eldest is currently bouldering v7 indoor and winning a fair few competitions.

We will be travelling down from Manchester, but could pick up and drop off on route.

PM if you are interested. I would love to hear from anyone interested, but there is only one spot. I promise to respond to all and will keep a list for future reference.

P.s I could sort a non climbing colleague to attend, but this trip is alot more fun if you love Bleau and bouldering
OP teapot 10 Dec 2016
In reply to teapot:

It's 31st March till 4th April, not 2nd April.
OP teapot 10 Dec 2016
In reply to teapot:

No it's not! It's the blinkin 5th April- so we are leaving Manchester early on Friday 31st March and returning to Manchester late on Wed 5th April.

We are travelling in a 9 seater school vehicle and camping. The vehicle has tonnes of storage space for pads and camping gear.
OP teapot 12 Dec 2016
In reply to teapot:
Got a volunteer to help out. DBS checks underway. Thanks to those that showed interest, who I have emailed directly.

It's great to see how generous climbers (4 people offered to come to Font with no financial reward). Font is brilliant, but it is still a big commitment to agree to come on a school trip.

I definitely recommend any teachers out there set up their own trips to Bleau. This is my 8th year in a row and I genuinely get more out of them than I do on my own private trips. I get to visit loads of new areas that I would never have visited had I not been leading trips. Plus i don't get obsessed with big ticks and numbers. But climb tonnes of beautiful problems and get to witness the pure thrill of ascents of my students at whatever grade they climb. Every year they leave inspired and driven to get training ready for the next visit.
Post edited at 21:28
 MischaHY 13 Dec 2016
In reply to teapot:

I think it's fantastic that you're regularly organising and taking so much pleasure from providing a fantastic experience for young climbers. Nice work!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...