UKC

NEWS: 8c flash and 8c+ 2nd go by Kim Jain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Dec 2016
Kim Jain and friends at Yangshuo, China, 4 kbKim Jain has had a great week in Yangshuo, China, making quick of several hard routes.

...I think that it was really successful trip, as I could finish three 5.14 routes 'Climb china, 8c, flash, 'Spicy noodle, 8c+, 2nd go, and 'French gangster', 8b+, 3rd go during just...

Read more
 stp 12 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

> it's not entirely unthinkable she could climb quite a bit harder if she focused more on rock

I would say it's a certainty. Most climbers can redpoint 3 or 4 grades harder than they can onsight. If she can climb 8c+ second try it's surely obvious she could climb something much harder if she spent 4 or 5 or more days on it.

But it seems like many competition climbers find it hard to make the time for outdoor climbing and projects need even more time. The comp season is pretty long, then they probably need a bit of rest and a good bit of time training for the next season. So it's a shame we don't see more competition climbers outside. Both Jakob Schubert and Stefano Ghisolfi have climbed 9b on rock which gives a good indication of the level competition climbers are operating at.
 Ian Dunn 12 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:

Adam Ondra does a few comps as well and he fits in some pretty impressive outdoors ascents too! Just not enough days in the year for everything!
 Wft 12 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I bet it's bloody fun having the ability to go to a crag and do all the best looking routes regardless of grades. What a waddess.
 stp 14 Dec 2016
In reply to Ian Dunn:

Sometimes. This year he abandoned all the World Cups to allow more time climbing outside though. And also he is ... erm... Adam Ondra after all.
 stp 14 Dec 2016
In reply to Wood for Trees:

> What a waddess.

Female of wad. Great term, never heard that before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...