UKC

croatia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 clp123 15 Dec 2016
Heading out Greece and plan to return via Croatia is there any info out there outside the guidebooks we should be aware of. Any suggestions for easiest venues in Croatia lots of 5s to 6b more than welcome
 Giles Davis 15 Dec 2016
In reply to clp123:

Rovinj. Loads of routes in that range. It's quarried rock so not the prettiest crag and there's some graffiti sprayed on some of the slabby routes but I found the climbing decent enough. It's right next to the sea as well and the town of Rovinj is lovely.

Cheers, Giles
In reply to clp123:

Cliffbase

http://www.cliffbase.com

Or Paklenica
mike1979 15 Dec 2016
In reply to clp123:
I've been to Paklenicia and Hvar but actually preferred Omis and Brela. There are loads of lovely easier routes and they are much less crowded and polished.
 tjekel 16 Dec 2016
In reply to clp123:

around rovinj, limski kanal and dvigrad offer more south facing options with better rock in your grades.

crags around baska would also fit depending on season.
 alpinist63 18 Dec 2016
In reply to clp123:

paklenica has some of the very best (multi-pitch) limestone 6a-6b's: Domzalski, Pero and Svicarski on Anica kuk- Stup, Watersong on Veliki Cuk .... and many more.
The single pitch climbs close the shop/grotto are terribly polished and not much fun.
 Duncan Bourne 18 Dec 2016
In reply to alpinist63:

I agree. There are also some cracking easier multi-pitch climbs too. Once you get past the honey pot by the shop the routes are a lot better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...