UKC

Long sling with sewn loops in each end ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 17 Dec 2016
Trying to hunt down a nice full-strength sling that has two bar-tacked / sewn loops in each end (could also be spliced).

Ideally 2m and of a subdued colour. Something like tubular nylon sling webbing. I could just tie knots in each end but that would be a bit ghetto and less neat.

This is to wrap around trees and other things to hang a hammock from. The hammock specific ones are generally useless and the stitching tears.
 Rob Parsons 17 Dec 2016
In reply to neuromancer:

> Trying to hunt down a nice full-strength sling that has two bar-tacked / sewn loops in each end (could also be spliced).

The generic name for that kind of thing is a 'Snake Sling.' Googling around will get you various buying options.
 Ian Parsons 17 Dec 2016
In reply to neuromancer:

Yates as well:

http://yatesgear.com/climbing/images/climb%202012.pdf

I'd have to check, but I think that "rabbit runner" probably owes its derivation to Bill Forrest.
 bpmclimb 18 Dec 2016
In reply to neuromancer:

Searching for "lanyards" instead of "slings" will get you more into working at height/arborist territory, where these items are more common (and as a bonus for you, they're more often black or a muted colour than items aimed at the climbing market). Try Googling "restraint lanyard".
 fire_munki 18 Dec 2016
In reply to neuromancer:

I got some exactly as describing for my slackline, got them from a company who deal with lift/moving heavy things. Bout a tenner each.
 andrewmc 18 Dec 2016
In reply to neuromancer:

Lyon Outdoor do slings in protective sleeves. They aren't actually sewn loops at the end but they do stay put. I have some for caving, and they are bulky but a wonderful shade of yellow.

http://www.abaris.co.uk/prod/anchor-strops/Lyon-25mm-Nylon-Sling-With-Prote...

Other similar strops are available on the same site.
 elliott92 18 Dec 2016
In reply to AlH:

Seen the picture of the runner around the block? Would not want to fall on that with the wiregate the way it is against the rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...