UKC

Long second toe - like ET's finger - boots?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gerris 18 Dec 2016
I have a huge second toe that sticks out past my big toe like ET's finger. I have not found any rock boots that allow it to get anywhere near straight when my big toe is correctly fitted, it basically gets crimped up double and is painful and weak. Surely there must be a manufacturer who is at least a bit friendly to my toe. Any recommendations?

Thanks
 angry pirate 18 Dec 2016
In reply to Gerris:

My feet are the same. I believe it's called the greek foot shape (?)
I have always found Scarpa to be a decent fit for my toes. Pretty much all my outdoors footwear (walking boots x 3, stickies) are Scarpa as I know I'll get on with it.
 Gone 18 Dec 2016
In reply to angry pirate:

There are lots of names for it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton's_toe
Gerris 18 Dec 2016
In reply to Gone:

I like the name, "Royal Toe" and the fact that it may be a throwback to prehuman grasping toes - just what I need!

I do wear Scarpa boots already, they seemed the best fit of the bunch but I could do with just a little more second to room.
 BigBrother 18 Dec 2016
In reply to Gerris:
I think the standard recommendation is the La Sportiva Mythos but you probably have trouble finding them in the UK.

In general a more beginner or all day focused shoe with a more rounded front profile will probably give a better fit.
Post edited at 21:56
In reply to Gerris:

I have the same and have always suited La Sportiva. Don't just look at the "comfort" models: I find that the asymmetry of some of the aggressive models conforms to my feet quite nicely.
In reply to BigBrother:

RockOn used to stock the mythos, I'd try them first.
 IPPurewater 19 Dec 2016
In reply to BigBrother:

Mythos a beginner's shoe ? I used to regularly climb routes up to E2 5c in mine and found them fine, due to a very good fit for my feet !
 jon 19 Dec 2016
In reply to IPPurewater:

> Mythos a beginner's shoe ? I used to regularly climb routes up to E2 5c in mine and found them fine, due to a very good fit for my feet !

Nail on head. Doesn't matter how hi-tech shoes are, if they don't fit they're no better than any other.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...