UKC

Customer Service Advice wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 liamando 23 Dec 2016
Heya folks recently sent my Nepal Extremes back to Snow+Rock after I noticed a piece of the boot jabbing my toe when I kicked in with the boots, turns out to be crushed toe box. Snow+Rock then sent back to supplier: Lyon. They have told me the toe box was crushed in use and isn't covered by warrant. This seems bizarre as the boots aren't even a year old. They had one season of Scottish Winter and three alpine routes. Any experience in people fighting this or do I just have to accept this.
 buzby 23 Dec 2016
In reply to liamando:

I guess as they were not returned very soon after purchase they are saying it was damage by yourself, as if it was a manufacturing fault it would have showed up straight away, however you would think a climbing boot should take a lot of abuse in the toe department considering what its used for.
if there was no obvious damage to the external part of the boot I would try an pursue it further direct with the manufacturer.
good luck.
 Scott Kirkhope 23 Dec 2016
In reply to liamando:
I had the same fault with a pair of Nepals a few years ago. They did replace them for me under warranty but I sent them back with in the first couple of months, which might be the difference.
Post edited at 15:28
 Jack_Lewin 23 Dec 2016
In reply to liamando:

I would write a polite email to lyon expliaining then whole story and your slight disappointment.

If they are like you say they are, if they are totally trashed and look like they have had heavy use on the outer and the soles then their decision is possibly valid.

When you say a season in Scotland how often were they used or how many routes climbed?

A ski boot for example will probably last 10 to 12 weeks before it needs a new liner. That's 10 to 12 years for most people but only last a season if you are skiing every day.
OP liamando 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Jack_Lewin:

They were used quite frequently but I would think a boot retailling at 450 quid would last longer, perhaps not the sole but the boot itself. The boots look fine they've just had the yellow washed off them.

I'll try another email explaining the situation further thanks
 gethin_allen 23 Dec 2016
In reply to liamando:
My now rather old Nepal extremes have a crease in the toe box but fortunately it sits between my big and 2nd toes so doesn't interfere with them.
Post edited at 16:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...