UKC

Happy Christmas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Say 23 Dec 2016
And, at this season of peace and goodwill to all men and women, Happy Christmas to you all.

May you get the presents you desire and may your plans for 2017 come to fruition.

Best Wishes,

Andy
 krikoman 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Ditto.

Merry Christmas to all our readers

Mal Grey 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Merry Christmas to you also, and here's to an excellent 2017 for everybody (as unfortunately unlikely as that is I guess).

Big Ger 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Thanks mate!
 buzby 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Merry Christmas to one and all.
 Big Ger 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Did start a new topic, missing this one had been started, so I deleted it.

Xmas eve here now, so today, will be a heady whirlwind of last minute booze shopping, and cooking. We got all our food ingredients at the farmers markets yesterday to avoid the crush. I've been tasked with making the vegetarian component of tomorrows blow out, and will be doing this;

https://www.cauldronfoods.co.uk/recipes/a-christmas-loaf

Though I made my own play on onion marmalade earlier in the week, as the one on that page is dreadful. (Mine was fab, Heston wants the recipe.)

We're hosting our daughter and her partner and...(wolf howls in the distance, small children hide under the bed, a chill wind sweeps the land,)... the mother in law for the next two days.

The forecast is thus;

> Max 30 / Shower or two. / Possible storm. / Possible rainfall: 1 to 8 mm / Chance of any rain: 60%

> Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely during this afternoon and early evening. The chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and early evening. Light winds becoming northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the early afternoon.

As I only have today and tomorrow off, then back to work on Boxing day, I'm hoping to pack as much into the next 48 hrs as poss.

Jim C 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

> And, at this season of peace and goodwill to all men and women, Happy Christmas to you all.
> May you get the presents you desire and may your plans for 2017 come to fruition.

Looks like my present of early retirement is going to be under my Christmas tree .
( I just need to negotiate when I will be set free.)
In reply to Big Ger:
I did Christmas in Oz once, near Byron Bay. A bizarre experience, it was hot! About 35 to 40. Went surfing in the morning, followed by swimming in a tea tree lake. Christmas dinner was salads and prawns (on the barbie ), whilst sat in the garden. One thing I found really bizarre was the fake frosting and pictures of snowy scenes Christmas cards, though I did find some cards with hot weather scenes to send back home,

Mrs J is in Brisbane this year visiting her son, so I'm on my own. I don't do Christmas as such, it's against my non-religion and views about over indulgent consumerism. I like the family aspect but that's about it, but sometimes think that some trot this out as an excuse for the over indulgence. However, I have a good selection of cheese, chutney and crackers, a bottle vintage port and an impressive selection of French wines. So after a Skype with Mrs J, son and son's girlfriend, it's on the sofa and under the duvet. The cat will be trying to take up as much room as he can and I will be watching films all day, with the odd conversation with the other sadsacks on here thrown in.

As for the weather, it looks like it will be dull and cloudy, 20% chance of rain, a little breezy (16 mph gusting to 34) and around 11 degrees.

Oh yes, Here's wishing you all (even Indy and PMP - cheer up you grinches ) all the best for 2017, it can't be worse than 2016 can it? Have lovely day on Sunday, whoever you're with or whatever you're doing (but lay off the mince pies you fat gits!)
Post edited at 22:52
 stp 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Have the whole day to myself with zero responsibility for anyone.

Looking forward to that, though I wish the damn climbing walls were open.
 Big Ger 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Hugh J:

> I did Christmas in Oz once, near Byron Bay. A bizarre experience, it was hot! About 35 to 40. Went surfing in the morning, followed by swimming in a tea tree lake. Christmas dinner was salads and prawns (on the barbie ), whilst sat in the garden. One thing I found really bizarre was the fake frosting and pictures of snowy scenes Christmas cards, though I did find some cards with hot weather scenes to send back home,

Mate, it may be odd, BUT going into winter with no Xmas and NY to look forward too is even more odd.
In reply to Big Ger:

> Mate, it may be odd, BUT going into winter with no Xmas and NY to look forward too is even more odd.

Eeeeeee . . . . yuh all backurdsroadabout down there.

Merry Christmas Big Ger.
 Big Ger 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Hugh J:

Felicitous solstice to you to my friend.
OP Andy Say 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Anyway. Santa is on the way so get yourselves to bed.

And NO peeking.......
 BusyLizzie 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Ever so merry Christmas to everyone on here.

Lxxx
 Trangia 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Merry Christmas to all of you!

PS That even includes all the Dislikers!
 Big Ger 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Xmas day here now, so wishing you all a festive yule!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...