UKC

Woman hiker filmed having a pee to sue Trump's Company

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
In reply to Trangia:
As you will be aware from the Guardian link, she was actually charged earlier in the year for an alleged offence of public annoyance. Think it is still open for the PF to take her to court.
Post edited at 18:02
 marsbar 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

I think they decided not to. Having a pee in the countryside isn't the same as in a town.
OP Trangia 23 Dec 2016

Yes, there is probably more to this than meets the eye. Stopping for a pee is not unusual for hikers to do, but it's a matter of being discrete. I wonder why she was being filmed, and if she knew it ? Maybe in front of a CCTV camera? She is described as an "activist" as well as a hiker.
 marsbar 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Trangia:

As I understand it she didn't know she was being filmed (by a man) and that's why she is upset, she thought she was being discreet.
 marsbar 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Trangia:

From the lady's Facebook page.

Ok confession time. I am going to tell all. Last night the police came to my door at 10 pm scaring the living bejesus out of me as I thought something catastrophic had happened to one of my children. No, I was being charged with S47 of The Civic Government Act (Scotland) 1982 as on Monday 11th April I did urinate in a public place, namely the Trump International Golf Course. Now 24 hours later after not having slept much ( I can't stop thinking about the feeling I had that it was about one of my children) I have had time to reflect. I received great support from Pat and Stewart last night and having had a great night tonight getting ribbed to pieces by Lynne Rowand (my publicist from now on) Karen Matheson Tracey Guthrie, Alan Coffin and all the other good folk in The Creel Inn, I am going to embrace my status as The Only Crim in the Village and be proud of the fact that a Presidential Candidate in the Us elections feels so threatened by a 61 yr old granny that he has to equip his tasteless golf course with a CCTV camera that can pick said Granny (Munroist, hillwalker, environmentalist, driftwood collector, knitter, loudmouth, swimmer, trigg collector, trouble maker, chocoholic etc etc) squatting in the dunes (not on the actual course) possibly having a pee. (phew) Please note that apart from one maintenance man at the start of our walk,Colin Rennie ( photographer P&J who just happened to be passing ...maybe there will be a story about this in the Piss and Churnel soon) and the head honcho of the course, me and my pal Sue Edwards saw no-one as we walked from Susan Munro's house to the beach then south to the Blairton Burn and back along the tarmac road (where we bumped into Colin Rennie and pal). Not sure where all the public were that I am alleged to have caused annoyance to. However given all the support that I have received (along with the gales of laughter) I want at least an ASBO out of this. At least I wasn't cuffed and put in the cells like Anthony Baxter was which actually highlights the serious side to this. I was doing nothing wrong, Anthony was only asking questions regarding Molly Forbes' water. (See the film "You've Been Trumped"). They (TIGLS)do not want people around their golf course except to play golf ( at a grossly overpriced rate) or to praise them so actions like this (what a waste of Police time) are designed to intimidate. DON'T BE INTIMIDATED. Walk the dunes, the shame is that it is a poor shadow of the former dune system that was a SSSI. This is my first ever charge so a bit of a shock but it is a minor issue and I am well over it. Please feel free to share, I've nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.
OP Trangia 23 Dec 2016
In reply to marsbar:

Interesting. I wonder why she was described as an "activist" and what it has to do with the press story?

"Activist" for what?
In reply to Trangia:

> Yes, there is probably more to this than meets the eye. Stopping for a pee is not unusual for hikers to do, but it's a matter of being discrete. I wonder why she was being filmed, and if she knew it ? Maybe in front of a CCTV camera? She is described as an "activist" as well as a hiker.

Probably is a lot more to the whole story. That said given that Trump apparently has run rough shod over some locals to get what he has there, maybe the staff try to minimise the public accessing the site along the ROW? It was reported that the footage was on mobile phones of 2 or 3 employees.
 Bootrock 23 Dec 2016
In reply to marsbar:

> As I understand it she didn't know she was being filmed (by a man) and that's why she is upset, she thought she was being discreet.

Did you just assume his gender? How offensive.
 colinakmc 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Trangia:
I see the potential for a mass piss-in. On Trumps Inauguration Day?
In reply to Bootrock:

> Did you just assume his gender? How offensive.

It's been reported many times in the press that the employees were men.
 marsbar 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

No I didn't assume the gender, I read it. The woman in charge of Trumps golf course had 3 men video her on their mobile phones, despite having forgotten that she needs to register with the information commissioner.
 marsbar 23 Dec 2016
In reply to Trangia:

I believe she, like virtually all the locals have been ignoring Trumps wish for the beach near his golf course not to be walked across by people who have walked the beach their entire lives and are within their rights to do so. She probably like others in the area didn't epwant the golf course built on a SSSI. Other than that she is an active fundraiser for the John Muir trust. I don't think she was peeing as a protest or as an activist.
 marsbar 23 Dec 2016

She says she didn't know she was being filmed. She was in the dunes at the side of the beach.
In reply to marsbar:
Yes, read that a few times and most likely is the truth - a genuine call of nature within sand dunes, that just happened to be near/adjacent the Trump golf course, not expecting anyone to be watching.
In reply to Bootrock, the special snowflake:

> Did you just assume his gender? How offensive.

There you go, taking offence on our behalf again. A regular social justice warrior, that's what you are....

Trevers 24 Dec 2016
In reply to Trangia:

To be fair, I would do more than just piss on the Trump golf course if I was passing.
 Ridge 24 Dec 2016

> Probably is a lot more to the whole story. That said given that Trump apparently has run rough shod over some locals to get what he has there, maybe the staff try to minimise the public accessing the site along the ROW? It was reported that the footage was on mobile phones of 2 or 3 employees.

No apparently about it. Bullying and intimidation of locals by security staff has been filmed on numerous occasions.
 Rich W Parker 25 Dec 2016
In reply to Ridge:

Have you read Andy Wightman's assessment of TIGL process? Pretty grim.
 Ridge 25 Dec 2016
In reply to Rich W Parker:

Thanks for the heads up, just had a google and looked at the Aberdeen Voice website. Some very murky going on indeed.
In reply to Trangia: can't really see on what grounds she could sue. What damages has she incurred? I didn't think you could sue just for having you feelings hurt. If it was a public place and she had every right to be there then anyone else has a right to film what they want (within reason). If it was a private location and she shouldn't have been there then filming as evidence for a potential prosecution seems reasonable as far as the law goes. Not supporting a Trump's henchmen in any way, just trying to figure out what basis there is for suing.

marsbar 25 Dec 2016
In reply to blackmountainbiker:
They "forgot" to adhere to data protection laws that exist in this country.

Mike Dailly, Solicitor Advocate at Govan Law Centre, which is acting on behalf of Ms Beyts, said: "We have intimated a civil damages claim against Trump International Golf Club Scotland Ltd for the sum of £3000 (approximately $4000) for the unauthorised processing and storing of video recordings of Ms Rohan Beyts without the legal authority of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Post edited at 22:48
mysterion 25 Dec 2016
In reply to marsbar:

Data protection, is that it? Fairly fringe grounds, often pursued by fringe people
 Chris Harris 26 Dec 2016
In reply to mysterion:

> Data protection, is that it? Fairly fringe grounds, often pursued by fringe people

who've just had their fringe filmed......
 Doug 26 Dec 2016
In reply to Chris Harris:

wasn't Al Capone done for tax fraud rather than being a gangster ...
 marsbar 26 Dec 2016
In reply to mysterion:

Don't knock it, I just got my parking ticket dropped because they sent the information to the wrong place
 Billhook 27 Dec 2016
In reply to Trangia:

I do not think she has a claim under the DPA.

The 'data' was as someone has said, was obtained on or in private property. It was obtained for a lawful purpose - security reasons. As long as the company keeps the data for only a reasonable length of time and does not unlawfully share the data, then it is not committing an offence under the act.
 EddInaBox 27 Dec 2016
In reply to Dave Perry:

Unless the company isn't registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as a Data Controller...
 marsbar 27 Dec 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:

Which they "forgot" to do...
elefantee 30 Dec 2016
In reply to marsbar:

No I didn't assume the gender, I read it.

Careful. You'll scare him! Didn't you know that reading comprehension is evil SJW voodoo?
 John Ww 31 Dec 2016
In reply to Chris Harris:

> who've just had their fringe filmed......

Chapeau m'sieur

JW

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...