UKC

Any Setestal websites?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droites 27 Dec 2016
Just wondering if anybody knows of any websites or FB pages for Setesdal conditions etc.
Many Thanks
 nation1 27 Dec 2016
In reply to droites:
Hi email this sports shop

https://www.vpg.no/dvd-b%C3%B8ker/156426/klatref%C3%B8rer-setesdal-2013

A chap called Rune.........I think he's the manager is usually clued up on local conditions
Post edited at 22:22
 nation1 27 Dec 2016
In reply to droites:

Found his email it's rune@vpg.no
 d_b 27 Dec 2016
In reply to nation1:
Sticking actual life email addresses on the web isn't cool unless you really hate someone and want their spam volume to go up by a factor of 50 overnight. Even then it is debatable.
Post edited at 22:31
 GarethSL 28 Dec 2016
In reply to nation1:

Should point out that as Rune lives in Oppdal, a fair trip away from Setesdal he probably isn't that clued up on ice there.

To OP:

It's + degrees in Rystad, Langeid and Evje now anyway. Reports from a few weeks ago is that its very wet. When are you going as temperatures are looking at dropping from January onwards.
 Mr. Lee 28 Dec 2016
In reply to droites:

I'd check Instagram as it's generally where Norwegians post what they've climbed. Nobody posts on twitter and there's no specific FB pages. Just look up #isklatring or #setesdal and see what pops up. I don't know any specific climbers in the area that you could follow.

I've seen one or two posts in recent years on the Bratte Rogalands Venner FB page but Setesdal isn't Rogaland so don't hold your breath. There's an Isforhold i Norge FB page but I rarely see anything posted.

Don't bother emailing VPG as mentioned above! Oppdal is about as local to Setesdal and London is to Fort William. They're 9.5 hours drive apart!
 Mr. Lee 28 Dec 2016
In reply to droites:

Btw if it's any help the routes on road 45 are pretty reliable as they're at around 600m. I've seen ice on that road in April, although it was too bleached to climb by then. Some of the routes have avalanche risk but you can check the avalanche forecast on varsom.no.
 wbo 28 Dec 2016
In reply to droites: there's a webcam in Valle. - you can have a look at that. It's been pretty warm for the last few weeks but if you go high enough, maybe.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...