UKC

Another atrocity

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Big Ger 01 Jan 2017
> At least 35 people have lost their lives in an attack on a nightclub in Istanbul, the city's governor has said. Among the dead is one police officer, Vasip Sahin stated, adding that it was a terror attack.

> At least another 40 were injured in the attack which took place in the Reina nightclub, in the Ortakoy area, at about 01:30 local time (22:30 GMT). One attacker was involved, the governor said, while CNN Turk reported he was dressed in a Santa Claus costume.

> "A terrorist with a long-range weapon ... brutally and savagely carried out this incident by firing bullets on innocent people who were there solely to celebrate the New Year and have fun," Mr Sahin told reporters at the scene of the upmarket Reina nightclub, which sits on the banks of Bosphorus in the city's European side.
 Dax H 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Just woken up to this sobering news.
I don't know what the answer is to these arse hole's if indeed there is an answer.
My heart goes out to those affected.
 Mark Bannan 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Dax H:

> I don't know what the answer is to these arse hole's if indeed there is an answer.

I am equally unsure of the answer. However I know what the answer is not - that prick Trump's current nuclear re-armament policy.

M

elliott92 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Mark Bannan:

Wtf are you on about? How is that, in any way, related to this topic
cb294 01 Jan 2017
In reply to elliott92:

Because Trump repeatedly argued (if you can use this term for his ramblings) that the best way to deter terrorists is to upgrade and expand the US nuclear arsenal. He was explicitly talking about terrorists, not terror supporting states.

And no, I don't get it either.

CB
 Mark Bannan 01 Jan 2017
In reply to cb294:

Cheers! Just what I was about to say!

M
 Timmd 01 Jan 2017
In reply to cb294:
Terrorist won't dare attack America again if America can use nukes against them....erm....hold on a mo...

....they'd be landing on US soil.

Post edited at 19:58
OP Big Ger 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

39 now reported dead, including citizens from Israel, France, Tunisia, Lebanon, India, Belgium, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...