UKC

Portland conditions tomorrow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fantastical 01 Jan 2017
Thinking of heading to Portland tomorrow, particularly Blacknor for Sacred Angel. Forecast looks pretty wet down there today though, so was wondering if it has rained a lot down there? And if the rock is likely to be dry tomorrow?

Would be a long trip down to find everything damp! Thanks
 The Ivanator 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Fantastical:

Pretty sure you'd find dry rock somewhere on the Isle. West side paths likely to be minging though, you get more hours of sun on the East Coast this time of year too.
 AJM 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Fantastical:
In Poole it's been damp and dank but no worse so far today really. I'm getting out tomorrow but as Ivanator says East coast gets more sun this time of year - it looks freezing cold in the shade and most of blacknor won't get the sun until around 1 at a guess?

[Edit: now raining]
Post edited at 14:11
OP Fantastical 01 Jan 2017
In reply to AJM:

Ah, there's the forecast rain then

Had the sun on Blacknor around 11ish to 12ish on Wednesday. Got my eye on particular routes that side of the island annoyingly!

Might give it a miss then, two and a half hours to get there to find damp rock and horrible paths... :/

Thanks for the replies.
 AJM 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Fantastical:

Only a few hours of it though. And tomorrow looks like mint conditions. If you were out on Wednesday and the paths were dry enough then I wouldn't let that put you off.
 routrax 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Fantastical:
I was there last Wednesday, on the east coast the paths were OK and it was warm in the sun.
I'm headed to Swanage tomorrow, the forecast is excellent, sunny all day, cold though (5c) .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...