UKC

Logging stuff: Garmin Connect v Strava v UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 03 Jan 2017
I'm going to get better at recoding climbs, runs, bikes, skiing, walks etc etc this year. What are folks thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of Garmin Connect v Strava v the UKC Logbook/Activity Diary as a good place to capture all of this stuff, rather than multiple uploads and logbooks across different solutions?

Ta
 Yanis Nayu 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Si Withington:

You can easily set Garmin Connect to sync automatically with Strava.
OP Si Withington 03 Jan 2017

Yes I know, cheers.
 john arran 03 Jan 2017

There is no horse capable of winning over such diverse courses.
 tjhare1 04 Jan 2017
Strava via garmin (as described) for runs/rides and an excel spreadsheet for routes with one column being a dropdown for route type (ice, sport, trad, alpine, you-name-it...) so that it can be sorted by either type or date (or for me, partners and difficulty also).

Went for a run towards the end of last year with T Simpson - he said we'd met on a route out in the alps. Whilst I remember you and Fiona, I've forgotten which route it was on which we met - can you help me out?!
Post edited at 15:39
KevinD 04 Jan 2017
In reply to john arran:

> There is no horse capable of winning over such diverse courses.

yeah especially if you are wanting fairly detailed climbing info eg more than just went climbing for a few hours.
Out of connect and strava I think strava currently has the edge but thats only if concentrating on cycling, running and swimming. Becomes less useful after that.
 GarethSL 04 Jan 2017

Ive been obsessively using the ukc activity log with my Microsoft band for running, walking and skiing.

It's basic. There are no pretty maps and the graphs are basic but I like the option to add extra info that can then be displayed as a graph.

What would be really nice would be the option to have the same form for the activity diary in the logbook section or be able to assign a route/ summit to an activity diary entry... Which would then also be included in your logbook. It's a faff for example adding hike data to the activity diary then the summit to the logbook.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...