UKC

Crags to visit with van in Costa Blanca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Thorne 05 Jan 2017
Hey guys, currently coming into our third month away in Europe and we're heading to Costa blanca. There are plenty of stories about crime in the area, and i was wonder if people could recommend crags/areas where there are usually other vans, and obviously there's plenty of climbing. Climbing anything and everything up to 7a at the moment.

Any advice is much appreciated
 Mark Eddy 05 Jan 2017
In reply to Jon Thorne:

Alcalali would be a good start.
If you'd like a few more out of the way ideas send me a mail through here.

Hope you have a great time

Mark
In reply to Jon Thorne:

Sella. Lots of vans when I was there. Olta may be a good bet also.
 Sam Mayfield 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jon Thorne:

Hi Jon

So many safe crags for Costa Blanca despite the spate of theft! Thats normally on the main routes near the coast etc.

Sella is great but they can move you on when they see too many vans. The problem people find with Sella car parks is the mess a certain type of climber leaves behind them so be careful in the bushes etc. Why the heck they dont take away or at least hide what they leave is beyond me!

If you want hot showers etc contact Orange House and you can book one night there etc. We are arranging some electric hook ups at the moment and some more toilets for the campsite etc

Sam Orange House
 8dreams 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jon Thorne:

I would suggest Forada - very beautiful, perfect climbing. No other vans normally though, but also no other people in general. You should check the weather though, it is at a quite high attitude and most of the sectors are under the shade
 SDM 10 Jan 2017
In reply to 8dreams:

Forada would be a great crag to stay at if you are after some peace and quiet and good climbing in the 7s and 8s.

It's worth noting though that some larger vans may not be able to make it to the closest car park or if it has been very wet, they may not get back out again!

When we were there, there was a couple who had to keep their van back at the first car park you drive past and cycle in each morning.

The road is great fun in a hire car though...
 Sam Mayfield 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Jon Thorne:

Hi Jon

had another thought the crags down near Murcia are really lovely and usually ignored as people dont like the long drive, sorry not got my guidebook with me but one is nice sunny slabs and the other is the conglomerate one up a hill.

One other point is that the easy to get to car parks are the used for people to do naughty things in the car and others come and watch! We had this in the national park and the whole night was noisy and a tad scary! Rich thought it hilarious as he would!

Sam Orange

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...