UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Adam Ondra Vs Martin Stranik Climbing Duel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Jan 2017
Ondra and Stranik Montage, 4 kbIn this week's Friday Night Video, Adam Ondra and Martin Stranik are put through some rigorously tough and scientifically accurate tests in order to discover which of them is a better climber. Surely it's the one who's having the most fun?

The video should load with English subtitles, but there...

Read more
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 06 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Very good

Chris
 stp 07 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Great fun little competition. Surprised how hard they climbed for the event though. 9a+ is not an easy grade for anyone. Also surprised they still have 8b+s left to onsight in their home country. Adam seemed in pretty good shape considering his recent time spent messing about on US slabs.
 zv 07 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I really enjoyed that!

However, did anyone else notice the dodgy belaying? The guy seems to drop the dead end of the rope every few seconds when they are trying to onsight the 8b+ and as well when they are trying to climb 7a in boxing gloves!
 AlanLittle 07 Jan 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Decent looking crag too. I could be tempted to go and project that 7a slab. Without boxing gloves.
 simes303 07 Jan 2017
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Almost as immature as UKB. x
 andrewmc 07 Jan 2017
In reply to zmv:

> I really enjoyed that!

> However, did anyone else notice the dodgy belaying? The guy seems to drop the dead end of the rope every few seconds when they are trying to onsight the 8b+ and as well when they are trying to climb 7a in boxing gloves!

Absolutely terrifying in some ways - particularly the bit where the guy with the manual plate uses both hands to throw out a few feet of slack...

and Ondra doesn't belay properly either although as he is using a GriGri the odds are in his (or his climber's) favour.

The only person belaying in that video at any point is Mr Petzl :P
 zapal 08 Jan 2017
In reply to stp:

Just FYI.

I live 30 miles from where the video was shot (Prague). Judging by the season, it could not have been shot recently, certainly not after Adam got back from US.

About the 8b+/9a+, they climb at a sector that has recently been opened at an already established crag. Adam did FA of the 9a+ in Nov 2015.

Jan
 stp 08 Jan 2017
In reply to zapal:

Thanks for the info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...