UKC

Gloucester Warehouse-Who Was That Girl showboating?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zimpara 07 Jan 2017

Pottering about on the auto belay one day in B2 boots, I climb a pink and black pokerdot 6C with a bit of a struggle, and then retire to the floor in front of it- laying down and panting. (must have been just before Chamonix with a sprained ankle hence the boots)

And there is a girl floating around somewhere behind with her partner. Who feels it very necessary to immediately untie from what route they are working, to get on the auto belay and the route I have just done, and float up this 6c like it is a ladder. She looked beautiful, floating up the wall totally effortlessly. I can still remember thinking to myself, hmmmm she makes that look really easy, (Though I was sure the holds were pretty poor) maybe I was just making a meal out of it. She lowers off and skips away to carry on projecting

5 minutes later I decide to re climb the 6c. Turns out, the holds were just as poor as I thought they were, And she was just fooking amazing and she knew it.

Any funny show boating stories?
Post edited at 18:33
 Tyler 07 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:
> Any funny show boating stories?
Yes, I was in the Warehouse in Gloucester once when this complete punter was making an arse of himself struggling up some piss easy route in walking boots. Anyway, I wandered over....

Post edited at 18:35
 jsmcfarland 07 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

Was that entire post just a humblebrag about climbing a 6c in B2 boots?..................
OP zimpara 07 Jan 2017
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Not everyone is a competitive prick. So no! It was a story about getting burnt off.
 deacondeacon 07 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

> Not everyone is a competitive prick.
Have you not met many climbers? We're all competitive pricks

andrewmc 08 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

> Not everyone is a competitive prick. So no! It was a story about getting burnt off.

Quite right. The rest of us, having been shown up in technique by a better climber, would just accept it and move on rather than taking it as some sort of affront. Sound a bit competitive?
 planetmarshall 08 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

> Any funny show boating stories?

It doesn't really sound like showboating. It sounds like you saw someone at the wall who's a better climber than you are. Get used to it.

OP zimpara 08 Jan 2017
In reply to planetmarshall:

Oi! Don't be trolling me you lot!
In reply to zimpara:

Back on track... the lad who soloed Flying Buttress direct in normal running type trainers.....smart arse!
 Kevster 08 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

I know several female climbers who can burn me off without any problems. I see no problem. Nice ladies them all. Have shown me a thing or two too.
I've met a fair number of youth climbers who not only burn me off without a problem, but then after chatting with them turn out to be nice young kids with sparkling personalities.
Every now and then, I meet some absolute tools climbing. They're normally men, and are welcome to climb the auto belays all day long. (I wish they would stick to the auto belays too)

I'm not sure where I'm going with this reply, so will just carry on until some well meaning Christian innocently walks over a bridge and feeds the trolls. But thinking about it, I've never seen a troll climbing a wall. How do they get from under the bridge to the Christian supper? If the troll was at new mills tor, what grade would it have to climb to get dinner? Do trolls on sight their new bridge, or do they brush and inspect it first, maybe with a couple of quick pulls on key holds? Does a pre placed Christian still count as ethically sourced food stuff?
 Oceanrower 08 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

> Oi! Don't be trolling me you lot!

Us? Trolling you? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
 bouldery bits 08 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

You are Allan James in disguise successfully trying to boost site activity and I claim my £5.
 nufkin 08 Jan 2017
In reply to Kevster:

> I've never seen a troll climbing a wall

The Norwegian ones do. See Andy K and Gordon S's books on the subject
 JMarkW 08 Jan 2017
In reply to Tyler:

I've seen you climb. Floaty and beautiful you are not.

More so than me though obviously.
 stp 08 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

Not happened often but I do remember one time when trying a long roof problem. A guy comes up says: do you mind if I try it. I say sure and off he goes does it first try. The thing is it was obvious from watching him that he had it totally dialled and had certainly practiced it a fair bit previously. So his lame attempt to be impressive completely backfired and just made him seem like a total pr*ck to me.

Thankfully I don't come across such behaviour very often.
In reply to zimpara:

I reckon the roads to Gloucester are now filling with mediocre climbers in need of an ego boost: top rope a 6c at this wall and you will be worshipped as a GOD!
 JEF 08 Jan 2017
In reply to stp:

> Not happened often but I do remember one time when trying a long roof problem. A guy comes up says: do you mind if I try it. I say sure and off he goes does it first try. The thing is it was obvious from watching him that he had it totally dialled and had certainly practiced it a fair bit previously. So his lame attempt to be impressive completely backfired and just made him seem like a total pr*ck to me.

> Thankfully I don't come across such behaviour very often.

Sorry, in my defence I'd only practiced 28 times.
 Pete Houghton 09 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

Speaking of showboating, for some reason I decided to just flick through your Youtube page, and I have to say that your decision to use non-content thumbnails is really quite remarkable.

Video review of some trousers in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl in some mountains.
Video review of some gloves in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl looking at some mountains.
Video review of some socks in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl wearing, granted, socks, but not the ones you are reviewing, and showing a considerable quantity of buttock.
Video review of screwgate biners in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl pulling on plastic.
Another video review of screwgate biners in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl standing in a tree.

Helmet cam footage of some climbing? Thumbnail of a pretty girl, and her bounteous sideboob.

Why, what's the motivation? To harvest views? Do you just google image search "pretty girl climb boob bum" or something and use whatever picture comes up first?
Vector686 09 Jan 2017
In reply to Pete Houghton:

> Why, what's the motivation?

Pretty girls

Yanis Nayu 09 Jan 2017

Have you got a link?
OP zimpara 09 Jan 2017

Don't subscribe then?
 stp 09 Jan 2017

That's hilarious. Surely done with a good sense of humour. I love stuff like that.
 MrJared 09 Jan 2017

Clickbait for the unwary!
 andrewmc 09 Jan 2017

If I was in charge of the world, this would be punished by being forced to endlessly select and watch youtube videos, all of which would have some sort of sexy clickbait thumbnail.

There would be tens of thousands of videos, all of which had to be watched in full. One would give you a code to exit the prison. The rest would all be Rick Astley.

Seriously - non-content thumbnails is horrific. Just say no.
Helen Bach 09 Jan 2017

>> Why, what's the motivation? To harvest views? Do you just google image search "pretty girl climb boob bum" or something and use whatever picture comes up first?

I assume that they were all people that had burned him off. Not sure why they are all pretty girls as such, his posts tend to suggest that any f*cker can burn him off.
OP zimpara 09 Jan 2017
In reply to Helen Bach:

Ouch, that hurt.
 FactorXXX 09 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

Ouch, that hurt.

The truth often does...
 Billhook 09 Jan 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:
He was a hardened Tom (para. Or was it catering Corp?) in an elite unit where girlies weren't allowed
Post edited at 23:06
OP zimpara 10 Jan 2017

> Speaking of showboating, for some reason I decided to just flick through your Youtube page, and I have to say that your decision to use non-content thumbnails is really quite remarkable.

> Video review of some trousers in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl in some mountains.

> Video review of some gloves in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl looking at some mountains.

> Video review of some socks in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl wearing, granted, socks, but not the ones you are reviewing, and showing a considerable quantity of buttock.

> Video review of screwgate biners in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl pulling on plastic.

> Another video review of screwgate biners in your shed? Thumbnail of a pretty girl standing in a tree.

> Helmet cam footage of some climbing? Thumbnail of a pretty girl, and her bounteous sideboob.

> Why, what's the motivation? To harvest views? Do you just google image search "pretty girl climb boob bum" or something and use whatever picture comes up first?

You missed one video called "thank f*ck jug". Thumb nail choice was difficult.
 GrahamD 10 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

Sounds like Gloucester routes are massively overgraded. I'd guess HVdiff maximum

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...