UKC

El Chorro Car Hire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sorry if this has been asked many times but heading to El Chorro for the first time in two weeks and we're looking for trustworthy local car hire company to collect from Malaga airport.........can anyone recommend.

Also I've heard you can approach Makinodromo avoiding the hour walk in by driving to the other side of the crag, can anyone help with clearer info on this!

Thanks in advance!
Em
Gone for good 07 Jan 2017
In reply to Emilysaladfingers:

I used this company when I was in Marbella last Easter. They were very good in both price and service.
http://www.malagacar.com/

Can't answer the El Chorro question though.
 Man city 07 Jan 2017

I used gold car when I was there twice last year. They were absolute shite and I would never use them again, so don't use them.
Ref driving to makinodromo, I have done it but it isn't simple. Go out of the gorge towards desplomilandia. After the damstake the right hand fork after the little roundabout. Drive up there for miles. There is a dirt track on your right that goes up towards a col, there was a chain across this, when I was there but you could move it. This track then takes you up to a col, park there and head down And right to the crag.
Be warned not simple and this beta is from years ago when I was there.
Good luck.
Ps better to walk in with bivy gear plus food etc.
 Man city 07 Jan 2017

I used gold car when I was there twice last year. They were absolute shite and I would never use them again, so don't use them.
Ref driving to makinodromo, I have done it but it isn't simple. Go out of the gorge towards desplomilandia. After the damstake the right hand fork after the little roundabout. Drive up there for miles. There is a dirt track on your right that goes up towards a col, there was a chain across this, when I was there but you could move it. This track then takes you up to a col, park there and head down And right to the crag.
Be warned not simple and this beta is from years ago when I was there.
Good luck.
Ps better to walk in with bivy gear plus food etc.
 Mark Eddy 08 Jan 2017

As mentioned above, Malagacar are the ones to go with.
Have a good trip
 snoop6060 08 Jan 2017
> Also I've heard you can approach Makinodromo avoiding the hour walk in by driving to the other side of the crag, can anyone help with clearer info on this!

You can still just go down the tracks, it was fine in Nov. The guards were plentiful on the walkway but didn't bother us. Plan to do the same in 2 weeks.
Post edited at 08:45
J1234 08 Jan 2017

I always use AutoEurope wherever I fly, and use the cheapest, except Gold Car who IME are total rubbish. The reason is that they have sorted more than one issue out for me. i.e. at Barcelona last year when the inter rent person all of a sudden decided they could not speak english, I phoned AutoEurope and explained the situation. The nice guy in Maine, USA, said please pass the phone over. Job sorted.
Not sure about Makindromo, but there is bus service between the Station and Emballases for I think €1.20 last week, and you can then maybe walk in at the top of the gorge and out the bottom.
 planetmarshall 08 Jan 2017
In reply to Man city:
> Ps better to walk in with bivy gear plus food etc.

You can if you want but the walk in over the notch is barely over an hour, about 30 mins on the way back down the scree slope, and that's at my pace rather than the machines I was climbing with last week. It's a beautiful walk too.
Post edited at 09:40

We use www.hellehollis.com regularly and always good. Fair fuel policy as well
 mike123 08 Jan 2017
In reply to Emilysaladfingers: another happy Malaga car customer here .

Thanks guys! Will take a look at malagacar and autoeurope as both sound decent!

Yeah I'd waaaaaay rather walk the hour in and out than bivvy up there....I'm too cold all the time for that kind o dedication! But as it sounds like we'll be ok to sneak down the tracks i'll give that a go!

thanks guys for all the info
 ChloeH 09 Jan 2017

My partner and I hired a brand new car from Record Go for just over £3/day.

We picked it up at Malaga airport and it was pre-filled with fuel. We drove to El Chorro and used it for a week.

Everything went smoothly much to our amazement.

We booked through Holiday Autos.

TonyB 09 Jan 2017
In reply to Gone for good:

I have also used www.malagacar.com three times and they have been good every time.
 adam06 10 Jan 2017
Malagacar as well, did some bad scuffing plastic to the hub caps and didnt get charged.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...