UKC

Suunto repair charges?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ScraggyGoat 09 Jan 2017
Anyone have any recent experience of suuntos repair service charges once out of warranty?

I have a Suunto Core of several (actually many) years standing, altimeter no longer functioning. Wondering whether its worth sending in for repair i.e. the likely cost.

Similar happened to the previous Vector I owned, and it was almost cheaper to buy the Core (admittedly on sale) as a replacement, than pay the quoted repair & shipping bill.
 gav 10 Jan 2017
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

I recently returned a dead out-of-warranty Core. They said that they no longer make that specific model of core, and offered me a different (all black?) model at "reduced" price (~€120). Seemed a reasonable deal, but took the opportunity to get a GPS watch elsewhere.
 blurty 10 Jan 2017
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

The compass on my 12yr old Vector stopped working, they said the unit was U/S and, if I were to pay a 60euro service fee, they'd replace the guts of the watch.

When it came back there was a nice wee note from the tech, who said he'd noticed the case was cracked, so he'd replaced that too.

So, for 60 euro I basically got my old strap back, attached to a new watch.

I'll always buy Suunto

RichardB 10 Jan 2017
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Not had any experience with outdoor watches but my experience with getting Suunto Dive computers repaired was excellent value.
 99ster 11 Jan 2017
In reply to blurty:

> So, for 60 euro I basically got my old strap back, attached to a new watch.

> I'll always buy Suunto

I had a similar experience. Big fan of Suunto & their customer service.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...