UKC

Had my gear stolen and looking at new

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jay Fitz 10 Jan 2017
I've had all my gear stolen and looking at what is on the market now for bouldering, abseiling, and solo ascending with a top rope. Shoes to cover all aspects as a starting point again too. Any help please
Rigid Raider 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

Decathlon. Cheap.
 MrJared 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

Go Outdoors also have a very good sale on, including ropes and shoes.
Jay Fitz 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

Thanks for that. It's just a kick in the balls when you've built it up for years. Is the climb x gear any good? Shoes etc
 MrJared 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

Sorry to hear that. Not personally tried them myself but I do see plenty down at my local wall so someone will be able to help. As I mentioned above Go Outdoors have a good sale on, I saw some Evolv shoes for £40 on Sunday. Also 60m Beal ropes for £64. Might be worth a look.
Jay Fitz 10 Jan 2017
In reply to MrJared:

That's brilliant thanks. Just hope the quality from there is good.
 kevin stephens 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:
I would talk to and support a proper climbing shop with knowlegeable staff, they may be willing to give you a special discount for a bulk buy
Jay Fitz 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

That would be my preferred method but cash is hard after loosing so much. But thanks for that.
 JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

how about dick's climbing:

http://www.dicksclimbing.com/

they offer personal quotes on large orders.
 Robb Bert 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:
I bought the cheap lace up climb X shoes £40 for long easier routes and trashing at the wall. I now have a worn out (flexible) pair for the grit. New stiff pair for edgy stuff and half size bigger for all day use. I use them up to F7c &V7. My 2 pairs of fancy shoes never come out of the bottom of the rucksack. It's rare that I think the shoes are stopping me.
So for me they are great, but they do fit my feet really well.

Robb
PS. I've just bought the Beal 60m for £57.50 from Go Outdoors.
Post edited at 23:19
Jay Fitz 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Robb Bert:

Thanks for that info robb
 troybison 16 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

I also had ClimbX lace when I started indoor bouldering 2yr ago. After a year I reached f6a standard or so, I bought some 5.10 pinks. I did notice an immediate improvement especially on small edges - the ClimbX are very floppy in comparison - but the 5.10s also felt more secure on small smeary footholds (better rubber?). Both pairs were same length, though the 5.10s took a bit more wearing in to get comfortable, probably due to a more aggressive heel shape.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...