UKC

Mesh bag with loop for harness clipping for jackets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ElBarto 10 Jan 2017
Hello,

Bit of a strange question I have, does anyone know where to get fabric / mesh bags with a loop to hang it from a harness to stuff a jacket into?

I know there's dry bags but I'm looking for something that's not totally waterproof so if I leave a damp jacket it there the moisture has somewhere to go.

You can probably guess what I'm intending to use it for, it's a shame some of my jackets didn't come with one. I've seen mesh bags with elastic drawstrings but I wouldn't want to trust them to not snap from my harness.
 angry pirate 10 Jan 2017
In reply to ElBarto:

Alpkit do them in a variety of sizes. They have a stitched handle on the bottom that you can hang it from. They are pretty strong, my rack lives in a large size one. The drawcord is proper cord too so should be sturdy enough.
OP ElBarto 10 Jan 2017
In reply to angry pirate:

Thanks, I'll take another look. I did checkout Alpkit but didn't spot it, clearly I wasn't looking hard enough.
 zimpara 11 Jan 2017
In reply to ElBarto:

you can get them from just about anywhere

GO outdoors has them. Pack of 3 different sizes for about a tenner
OP ElBarto 11 Jan 2017
In reply to 99ster:
Thanks for the link, I had noticed it but didn't see anything in the description about the handle (which I'd use to clip a carabiner to) but I think I can just see them from the photos.
Post edited at 02:06
OP ElBarto 11 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

If it's true you can get it from anywhere feel free to leave a link as I've been looking.
 ben b 11 Jan 2017
In reply to ElBarto:

"Colour coded grab loops" is the hint, I think

b
OP ElBarto 11 Jan 2017
In reply to ben b:

Good point, in the list of features. Clearly I'm being blind.
 nniff 11 Jan 2017
In reply to ElBarto:

If the jacket's crammed into a bag to clip to a harness, it not going to lose any moisture worth speaking of. Better off with a dry bag to stop the opposite. Tie a couple of cord loops where the buckles are fitted - easy
 deepsoup 11 Jan 2017
In reply to ElBarto:
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/search/go?view=grid&w=mesh+bag
I think Zimpara means these. Mesh bags yes, hanging loops no. Nothing to stop you tying off and clipping the drawstring though.

In the spirit of recommending something other than what you're looking for - Lomo do an enormous mesh duffle bag. Completely useless to you, but they're really good.
http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/mesh-dive-bag.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...