UKC

Instagram Winter Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Caspar 11 Jan 2017
Bit of an odd one, but do many of you use Instagram for checking winter conditions? Or use it at all? I thought it might be quite useful to have a UK Winter Conditions tag for those that do use it. Would anyone find that useful?
 Mr-Cowdrey 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Caspar:
I've tried using it to check winter conditions before. It can be quite useful but you have to search for lots of specific hashtags, like #snowdonia, #lakes, #bennevis but you then end up scrolling through lots of old and usually crappy pictures. And forget about searching for #snow, #ice!!

I like the idea of a specific hashtag for conditions. Maybe just use something like #snowdoniawinterconditions, #lakeswinterconditions, #benneviswinterconditions like the forum titles on here.

Anyway, here's my instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/chriscowdreyskimo/?hl=en

Post edited at 16:57
 mrphilipoldham 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Caspar:

#scotwinter is usually interesting on twitter, I imagine instagram shall be the same
 boyson 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Caspar:

Just follow climbers who get out a lot. I've found it pretty useful for seeing whats in. Just another item in the toolbox for planning routes.
 Dave Searle 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Caspar:

Try #scottishwinterclimbing

Should be good if folk use it to see a broad spectrum of the activity going on throughout the Scottish hills.

Im up here all winter and I'll be tagging my shots with that.
OP Caspar 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Dave Searle:

#scottishwinterclimbing and #scotwinter both seem like good shouts. I'll keep an eye out!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...