/ Instagram Winter Conditions

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Caspar - on 11 Jan 2017
Bit of an odd one, but do many of you use Instagram for checking winter conditions? Or use it at all? I thought it might be quite useful to have a UK Winter Conditions tag for those that do use it. Would anyone find that useful?
Mr-Cowdrey on 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Caspar:
I've tried using it to check winter conditions before. It can be quite useful but you have to search for lots of specific hashtags, like #snowdonia, #lakes, #bennevis but you then end up scrolling through lots of old and usually crappy pictures. And forget about searching for #snow, #ice!!

I like the idea of a specific hashtag for conditions. Maybe just use something like #snowdoniawinterconditions, #lakeswinterconditions, #benneviswinterconditions like the forum titles on here.

Anyway, here's my instagram page ;)

https://www.instagram.com/chriscowdreyskimo/?hl=en

Post edited at 16:57
mrphilipoldham - on 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Caspar:

#scotwinter is usually interesting on twitter, I imagine instagram shall be the same
boyson - on 16:09 Sun
In reply to Caspar:

Just follow climbers who get out a lot. I've found it pretty useful for seeing whats in. Just another item in the toolbox for planning routes.
Dave Searle - on 16:58 Sun
In reply to Caspar:

Try #scottishwinterclimbing

Should be good if folk use it to see a broad spectrum of the activity going on throughout the Scottish hills.

Im up here all winter and I'll be tagging my shots with that.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Caspar - on 19:20 Sun
In reply to Dave Searle:

#scottishwinterclimbing and #scotwinter both seem like good shouts. I'll keep an eye out!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.