UKC

Installation Freezes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 11 Jan 2017
I am trying to install Microsoft Visual C++2015 but the set up progress freezes when the green slidey thing gets to the end. It's been stuck like this since 10 this morning and I'm getting bloody pissed off.

I've been trying since yesterday morning, can anyone help please?

Google doesn't really give any satisfactory answers.
 Chris the Tall 11 Jan 2017
In reply to FesteringSore:

Have you tried turning it off and back on again ?

Have yet to upgrade to VC 2015 - hopefully some time in the next month - so can't say whether it worked for me. I do find however that sometimes installs just get stuck for no apparent reason, and starting them again does work. But I'm guessing you've already tried that
OP FesteringSore 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Have you tried turning it off and back on again ?

> But I'm guessing you've already tried that
Yes
 wbo 11 Jan 2017
In reply to FesteringSore: delete any parts of the install that are already there - files, on list of installed prongs and so on for a clean reinstall. Is this from a cd or download? If a download, do it again.

OP FesteringSore 11 Jan 2017
In reply to wbo:

> delete any parts of the install that are already there - files, on list of installed prongs and so on for a clean reinstall. Is this from a cd or download? If a download, do it again.

Download. There appear to be earlier versions installed(2012) Should I leave those in situ?

Download the install file, and then run that? I never like installing anything direct from download.
 balmybaldwin 11 Jan 2017

I would remove all traces of previous versions too if it's not too much of a ball ache to reinstall them if the upgrade remains unsuccessful and you need to go back to the old versions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...