UKC

Five Ten guide tennie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nordie_matt 14 Jan 2017
Hi all,

Currently I am on a mission to get a pair of guide tennies,but unfortunately don't have the opportunity to try them on. I was wondering if anyone knew the length of the footbed in cm in a pair of guide tennies size 10.5 or 11?

Cheers, Matt
 Bryn_F 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Nordie_matt:

Mine are size 10.5 and measure 28cm toe to heel - they are not the most recent model though, they are from a couple of years ago (Green inside, brown leather outer).
OP Nordie_matt 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Bryn_F:
Brilliant Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated

Matt
Post edited at 08:16
 mark hounslea 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Nordie_matt:

The north west face climbing wall. In Warrington has a single last pair of the old stock size 10.5 going cheap
In reply to mark hounslea:

Cheers for the heads up but based on the measurements given by Bryn the 10.5 is a shade too small, my current footbeds in my scarpas is 30cm :/ but maybe somebody will see this thread and grab a bargain

Cheers, Matt
 thlcr1 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Nordie_matt:

I've got a pair which I think are 11's. I haven't got them with me at the moment and I'm not back home until tomorrow. If you haven't heard anything else by then I'll measure them and post tomorrow.

Lee
In reply to thlcr1:
That would be awesome, my last pair of 5:10's were the old camp 4's and I *think* they were an 11, but you never know with individual models, I have a pair of boots that are supposedly size 45, but the footbed measures 30.5cm...

So better safe than sorry I guess as it looks like I have to order overseas and have delivered.
Post edited at 18:33
 wbo 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Nordie_matt: how well do you fit the scarpas? A word of warning, I really like Scarpas and they fit like a glove, but find 5,10 a bad fit at best, unwearable at worst

In reply to wbo:

Scarpa rock shoes are the best fit for my feet, but I found the approach shoes (vitamin?) a bit baggy. I previously had several pairs of the old camp 4 and they fitted brilliantly.
 thlcr1 16 Jan 2017
In reply to Nordie_matt:

I've got some of the old camp 4's as well and I think they're 11s too. Both fit me fine, but the camp 4's are more comfy and the guide tennies are more precise and climb a lot better. I'll check the size of both pairs tomorrow

Lee
 damowilk 16 Jan 2017
In reply to wbo:

Likewise, I've got a Scarpa foot shape and 5:10 don't fit at all.
The Zen is the best approach shoe I've ever had, though. I pretty much live in them, and they still take about 2 years to wear out!
 RR 16 Jan 2017
In reply to damowilk and wbo:
Here the opposite for the Zen. The old Guide Tennies and as well as the Camp4 were great. The new one’s are “different”. On UK Climbing they said Scarpa Zen as an good alternative for the 5.10 and as well as the Arcteryx Acrux. In the beginning the Scarpa Zens felt sort of okay. For a mile okay, but after that I had to get home bare
footed. The Acrux’s were once used to go to the Opera, very painful experience.
Now it is La Sportiva TX4 (soft so no edging, but they fit me). As an alternative for the Camp4 I use La Sportiva Boulder X.
 thlcr1 16 Jan 2017
In reply to Nordie_matt:

Ok, this might confuse things even more (sorry). My guide tennies are 10.5 and the foot bed measures 30cm toe to heel. My Camp 4's are 11 and the foot bed is just over 30cm. Putting both on unlaced sliding my foot forward and checking with a finger behind the heel, id say there both about the same internal length ??? Obviously the fit is different in other respects but length wise very similar. I'd say both are about the right size for me. I've also got a few Scarpa shoes and they are all uk 11 (46), which also seem about right for me. Not sure what that all means for you, or why my measurement of my size 10.5's is so different from Bryn_F

Lee
OP Nordie_matt 16 Jan 2017
In reply to thlcr1:

That's great, thanks a lot I'll take a punt on the size 11's then, and if they don't fit I'm sure I can off load them locally.

To all: Thanks for the help and input, it is very much appreciated

Matt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...