UKC

Drying rooms for Scottish Winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Robin Woodward 14 Jan 2017
Just looking for any beta regarding campsite/cabins etc. with drying rooms (also showers) for Scottish winter. Mainly looking for Glen Coe, Fort William, Aviemore& Torridon, but anywhere near climbing would be useful.

We're heading up next week in the van, and the main thing we lack is drying facilities, so it's always great to find places where you can park up and use drying rooms and other facilities during the winter. We know a good place in Kinlochleven, but keen to find more.

Thanks.
 kermit_uk 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Robin Woodward:

I have the same problem in the van. Where in kinlochlevan do you use? Sounds interesting.
In reply to kermit_uk:

There's a pub called the 'MacDonald Hotel & Cabins' or something. We've paid to park up and use their showers/drying room before. Food is good too, and a lovely roaring log-burner in the bar. It's slightly annoying that we end up driving 30 minutes away from Glen Coe just to use the facilities, but in the long winter evenings it doesn't seem so bad.
 Jandwilson 15 Jan 2017

Aviemore yha has a decent drying room
 Billhook 15 Jan 2017

Doesn't the Forestry campsite at Glenmore have drying rooms - it certainly has nice showers!
In reply to TheBigFactHunt:

Do you know if the YHA let you pay to use their facilities but not stay in their rooms? The van is much more comfy than any YHA beds As is the pub.

That Glenmore campsite looks good, I will email them about drying room (they say laundry, but not that specifically).
 Dark-Cloud 16 Jan 2017

Not exactly in your desired area but the Braemar campsite has excellent boot and garment drying facilities.

I seem to remember the Aviemore one opposite Glenmore did but they were unusually snotty with us last time we stayed and demanded on inspecting my VW T5 to "check" it was a camper, the fact its got a pop top in it and rear windows should have given it away.....
 snowmore 16 Jan 2017

There's camping and a drying room at Glencoe ski centre. Can't couch for how effective it is though.
 Jack Frost 16 Jan 2017

There's a v effective drying room in the Hilton hotel at Coylumbridge near Aviemore. Its such a big hotel I can't see anyone challenging a non-resident.
 petegunn 16 Jan 2017

Inchree and the bunkhouse at Onich have drying rooms ( Fort William and Glencoe)
Have used the one at the Macdaonald Hotel also, its small but very good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...