UKC

Technical coaching

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Goldenboy1066 16 Jan 2017
Hi, we are looking for a coach for our son, he climbs 7a -7c Boulder and lead he just lacks the technical skill to make some of the routes in competitions, he has had performance coaching and he just needs to hit the next level
We live in the flat lands of Norfolk but we would travel once a month to the right coach... please help
 zv 17 Jan 2017
In reply to Goldenboy1066:

I have never used his services however I hear John Kettle is an excellent movement coach. I believe he has a website for more info. Good luck!
 Mick Ward 17 Jan 2017
In reply to Goldenboy1066:

> ...he just lacks the technical skill to make some of the routes in competitions...

Some very good people out there. I'd certainly recommend that you check out Robin O' Leary. He's had immense (perhaps unprecedented?) success with competition wins from young climbers. And they seem to transition very well indeed in going from plastic to real rock. (It's frustrating when you see obviously very strong, talented people who struggle with transition.) I remember seeing one lad whom Robin had coached nonchalantly put the quickdraws into a F7c and do it straight off - for his first outdoor route. And it was obvious that he hadn't even got into gear. Impressive - well I certainly thought so.

Good luck!

Mick

Climber_Bill 17 Jan 2017

I know there are other coaches but I can also vouch for Robin O'Leary as an excellent coach. He is also a very active climber himself and when not coaching can often be seen putting his coaching skills and knowledge to the test on himself.

TJB.
Post edited at 09:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...