UKC

Kayak where does it go?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Joe Mansfield 04 Dec 2003
I soloed this onsight about a month ago and then led it immediately after to see if I had the right line. I was prety sure I did as It felt 5b if not E2! But was reading somewhere that people often miss out a move

At the crux about three quarters of the way up I seemed to go slightly right of the line in the rockfax guide and after the reach used the ledge for my feat. Did I do it right? Your input welcomed,

Joe
daveP 04 Dec 2003
In reply to Joe Mansfield:

when you stood on that spoling footlegde about 6foot up, go to the irght end of this, make a move or to up right for the better holds, then trend right along te breaks etc to finish in the top centre as for finger distance.
 Simon 04 Dec 2003
In reply to daveP:

oh, I finished direct!

I got totally sand bagged when my mate said "the" hold was a jug!

si
daveP 04 Dec 2003
In reply to Simon:

i think finishing direct is the cop-out finish, misses the final tricky move for the top. also misses the point of gaining the central challenge of the slab by the line of least resistance.
 Simon 04 Dec 2003
In reply to daveP:

I didn't even have a guide & this was years ago so god knows where I went - the easiest way then probably sounds right... normally thats what you would do before the days of gritfaxs
chris warner 04 Dec 2003

the way i finished was off right, with a kind of 'nipple' pinch to do the top move. good gear in the break though
 Simon 04 Dec 2003
daveP 04 Dec 2003
In reply to Simon:

hard to tell from that photo, but if you're topping out directly above Finger Distance then you're in the right place, since FD is a direct start to kayak.
 Neil Morbey 04 Dec 2003
Dont be a fool- you bloody cruised it! the line you took was fine. - off climing out in the peak 2morrow- upforit?
also weather looks okay for sat- so may be out after mm.
N

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...