UKC

The best under+mid+base layer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
matnoo 02 Jan 2004
Silk is the best thing since sliced bread. Ive just got another silk layer, and theyre simply brilliant.

Its light, dries in bugger all time, you can sleep in it comfortably, there is no bulk at all, it doesnt get smelly (well, within reason), I was SOAKED to the bone two days ago and didnt notice for half an hour as it can hold so much water and is so warm.

Sod all this super technology crap, mother nature had it right first time. Just like my old mitts (lost now) made of a specially shrunk wool from some far off goat in the middle of nowhere (whats the name...?) warm, and got soaked through and still felt warm.

Just thought id tell you.

Mat.
The Voice of tReason 02 Jan 2004
In reply to matnoo: Merino wool, is really good as well. You can stick your fluffy man-made fibres where the sun don't shine!
OP Anonymous 02 Jan 2004
In reply to The Voice of tReason:

mountain equipment long sleeve tech top is a bit shite!
the neck opening is huge - like one of those 80's off the shoulder girl tops.
huw c 02 Jan 2004
In reply to matnoo: lowe alpine dry zone seamless top, try it on. by far the best in the world
 Jonathan T 02 Jan 2004
In reply to The Voice of tReason: I'll second Merino wool, great stuff. I do need a thinner version that I've got though.
Jon Cook 05 Jan 2004
In reply to Jonathan T: I'll go along with Merino wool, get yourself an Icebreaker top, suberbly long sleaves too.
In reply to matnoo:
Smelly Hansen topped with a Dryflo top'll sort you out.
Dachstein mitts used to be the biz (& cheap), don't see 'em around much nowadays

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...