UKC

Manchester area indoor climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jim Fuller 03 Jan 2004
Moving to Manchester next month : can anyone tell me anything about indoor climbing venues in the area ?
Paul Sutcliffe 03 Jan 2004
In reply to Jim Fuller: new wall just opened in rochdale only five mins from train station good bouldering area not bad lead room aswell
 Paul Evans 03 Jan 2004
In reply to Jim Fuller: depends on what grade you climb and whether you want a leading or bouldering wall.
In central manchester there is Salford Uni wall, small with top roping and bouldering. Not far away is Broughton, home of some very fine bouldering but not much below english 4c and most of the good stuff is english 5b to the sky's the limit.
North West face in Warrington (west side of city) has good lead walls and bouldering. Rochdale is supposed to be good for leading and bouldering, small bouldering wall in Glossop and there's Rope Race on the SE of the city - do a search on the walls database.
 Paul Boardman 05 Jan 2004
In reply to Paul Evans:

If you're into bouldering then I'd recommend getting a train out to Blackburn. BoulderUK is fantastic! It'll cost over £10 in total though. A train from Manchester Victoria costs £5.90 (without rail card) and it'll be ~ £5.50 to get into the wall. But it's worth it. The problems are fantastic and it's a friendly place (though quite small).
 Paul Boardman 05 Jan 2004
In reply to Paul Boardman:

Having said that, I'll still be at Broughton on Tuesday. Another fine venue.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...