UKC

winter skills courses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
simon b. 12 Jan 2004
I'd like to get on a winter walking skills course up in Scotland this season - can anyone recommend who I sign up with?

Thanks.
Richard Greasby 12 Jan 2004
In reply to simon b.: www.jagged-globe.co.uk - I'm on a winter course in Scotland with thme in February. Have no experience of any others sorry.
 Zombie 12 Jan 2004
In reply to simon b.: I was impressed with Stuart Johnson's lot last year in the Cairngorms (www.climbmts.co.uk) - excellent local knowledge and very friendly. Unfortunate that my guide broke his ankle walking out of Schneachda but that's probably just me being a jinx client - very impressive mountain rescue tho!
 Wibble Wibble 12 Jan 2004
In reply to simon b.:

If you can russle up a couple of mates (or even one), then these guys are excellent at a good price - also you can taylor it to your own aspirations, etc.

http://www.abacus.sphosting.com/index.htm

Removed User 12 Jan 2004
In reply to Richard Greasby:
Richard, when you up with JG?? I'll be up on the Winter Mountaineering week for the first week in February 1st to 6th; you up then?

Was with them last year with the Missus for a winter skills course; hotel and scran were top notch.... guides/instructors were excellent as well!!
 DougG 12 Jan 2004
In reply to simon b.:

Martin Moran in Lochcarron, I did a week-long one with him in 1997. Apart from the sh1te weather, it was terrific.
Iain Ridgway 12 Jan 2004
In reply to simon b.: Are you a student, or young, Check the conville trust on the BMC website,
wendell martin 12 Jan 2004
In reply to simon b.: Try Wendell's Mountain Skills-Scotland. www.hillskill.co.uk
Hornster 12 Jan 2004
In reply to simon b.: Mountain Innovations are very good and at a price that will be hard to beat considering that they throw in full board and accommodation!

www.scotmountain.co.uk
Iain Ridgway 12 Jan 2004
In reply to Hornster: Ive stayed there, good food, and the guys some kind of weather god, I asked for a prediction of the day and got a scary lesson on how little I knew on all the different air masses. Nice guy as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...