UKC

Ordinate survey - outdoor show 3-april-2004

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DTE 12 Jan 2004
I am planning to go to the outdoor show this year in the NEC in Birmingham.
Has anyone been to this event in previous year?
I was hoping I could get an idea of what to expect?
I have also heard that you can often buy gear at discount prices at these sorts of event. Any truth in that? As I am planning on buying some more gear and wonder if its worth holding on till I get there. If the do sell gear cheaper than usual then what sort of percentage could I expect to get off? 10% 20% etc?
Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers
DTE
 JDDD 12 Jan 2004
In reply to DTE: Not been, but I would be really suprised if you will get a discount off shiney gear unless it is end of line stuff. The main discounts will be on fleeces, gortexes and shoes / boots. If you want some cheap nuts, Chris Tan was flogging a load of brand new Czech death nuts and small friends this weekend for low low prices. Worth a look in.

Oh and if you do buy gear at discount prices, remember that you will have paid £15 + travel to get into the event!
 Big Steve 12 Jan 2004
In reply to DTE: I went to last years. It was a good day out, loads of freebies - posters, catalogues etc. Theres always loads of stalls set up at these type of events, all the big shops will be there. I didn't notice any discounts last year, may have been a few but wasn't any on anything pricey, jackets rucksacs etc. I personally wouldn't buy anything like that there, it can be very busy so you may not properly try things on etc

Massive cues (my brain has just gone dead and i can't think how to spell that properly) for most things, expensive food etc. The bouldering championships are good, the talks are good as well if you can get near them. Don't bother buying tickets from the organisers, theres loads of free tickets or buy 1 get 1 free offers flying around nearer the time.

Its well worth a trip to see it all, hope that helps
DTE 12 Jan 2004
In reply to Big Steve:
thx for the tip.
Too late about the ticket though, opps. Bought mine a couple of weeks back.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...