UKC

PYB courses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DTE 20 Jan 2004
I am thinking about booking myself into a course at Plas y Brenin and was wanting to know if other people had taken any courses there and how good/bad they where?
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers
DTE
 tom r 20 Jan 2004
In reply to DTE: Taken a few there and they have all been excellent. Really good instruction with very friendly people and a nice environment.
Daniel 21 Jan 2004
In reply to DTE: I did the 'Touching stone' course a couple of years back and it was great. Excellant staff, food and climbing!
 Skyfall 21 Jan 2004
In reply to DTE:

I went on the leader improver course quite a few years back and whilst the staff were all v good/helpful in a general sense, I really didn't get anything out of it. It promised to cover aspects such as the mental side of leading (which is where I had a problem at the time) and it simply didn't.

But in terms of getting you started climbing or leading I think it would be very good indeed. The set-up there is quite fun too, though the institutional thing of getting back for tea and biscuits at 5pm or somesuch is a bit strange and makes for very short days on the rock.
Fran Britain 21 Jan 2004
In reply to DTE:
I did my SPA training there a couple of years ago and it was excellent. The instruction was brilliant, there was no shortage of food (including afternoon cake) and accomodation was great too.
 KA 21 Jan 2004
In reply to Fran Britain: Did a winter mountaineering course a few years back, in North WAles, and had a fantastic time, had Nick Banks as Instructor for four of us, and couldnt have asked for better conditions or instruction!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...