UKC

Black Diamond Neutrino Krabs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Brian Tilly 21 Jan 2004
http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/images/gear/rock/detail/neutrino.jpg
http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/images/gear/rock/detail/neutrino.jpg

Check this out - what do you reckon on the gate end? The niche for the gate end to fit into looks mighty small. My mate in work was wondering an opinion on it, as he's looking to buy into lighter rigging for a trip to the
Pyrenees. What's the chances on a bit of ice or something filling that niche up? Would you put your faith in one?

Anyone recommend any better krabs? or have opinions on them?
 Mark Stevenson 22 Jan 2004
In reply to Brian Tilly: Neutrinos are good kit. Have a couple in my rack and was climbing on a friends set of neutrino draws in Spain this month. No concerns about using them whatsoever.

However, I prefer DMM Prowires. Same weight 36gms and strength is marginally better 24/8/8kN vs 24/7/8kN for the neutrino.

They are slightly different shapes and of the two I find the prowire just a bit better ergonomically. The neutrino is a pretty standard offset-D shape, the prowire is slightly longer with a more pronounced taper.

Got 80+ prowires in my rack, so that should hopefully tell you something (other than the fact I have too much gear).

HTH
 TobyA 22 Jan 2004
In reply to Brian Tilly: Have used the a lot for ice climbing and have never had a problem with any wire gates krabs, the only thing with the neutrinos are they are maybe a wee bit harder to handle with big gloves on due to their size, otherwise great krabs. Check on the new WC krabs coming out though - bigger, lighter and stronger. They look like amazing little bits of engineering.
OP Anonymous 22 Jan 2004
Anyone else ?
Dave Hunter, Rock + Run 22 Jan 2004
In reply to Anonymous:

Iuse them on the gear end of my draws and prowires on the rope end. No weight saving but a marginal bulk saving. I don't find them fiddly at all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...