UKC

msr zoid v n. face mountain marathon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hoffy 25 Jan 2004
Anyone bought either of these 1 person tents? any thoughts welcome. Cheers. nx
OP Anonymous 26 Jan 2004
In reply to hoffy:

I have a Zoid 1.5. Lightweight, but complete mesh inner quite cool with any kind of breeze. Also opening zip can make it wet inside if raining. Didn't get the Zoid 1 as there are two of us. 1.5 is good for one with extra space. Well built on the whole, but one of the aluminium pegs has snapped!!!.

Didn't look at NF MMarathon
OP Anonymous 26 Jan 2004
In reply to hoffy:

I have a Zoid 1.5. Lightweight, but complete mesh inner quite cool with any kind of breeze. Also opening zip can make it wet inside if raining. Didn't get the Zoid 1 as there are two of us. 1.5 is good for one with extra space. Well built on the whole, but one of the aluminium pegs has snapped!!!.

Didn't look at NF MMarathon

Cheers

djb
Pete Morgan 26 Jan 2004
In reply to hoffy: I've got a mountain marathon. Their very good for the price. Lived in it for a month in the Rockies. Can accomadate 2 close friends, I did I 5 night crossing of Snowdonia from South to North September before last with my girlfriend and it ws fine.

The only problem is you can't sit up in it (and I'm pretty small) so if its raining your gonna have to cook and eat outside.

Very stable in winds as its soo low. I've only every needed to pitch it on 3 pegs as well which saves weight.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...