UKC

Climbing holds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
What's you favourite brand? how much would you expect to pay for say 10 or 20 medium sized holds?
Favourite is Holdz - its js the way they feel. Ace
Pete W 11 Feb 2004
In reply to OopzISlippedAgain: Voodoo. Lots of money. Others that are pretty good: Pusher (shit customer service), Stone Age, some EP, Bendcrete have some really good stuff (Tufa is well ´ard), Franklin got some great shapes, Metolius boring colours but hard wearing. Buying a big shipment 400+ from Nicros for the first time.

Why not ask you local wall who they are buying from next time and ask to bake your order in with it. They get a lower price per hold for buying bulk and you could save on the freight etc
David Holden 12 Feb 2004
In reply to OopzISlippedAgain: make them yourself, out of wood.
Phil Sykes 12 Feb 2004
In reply to David Holden:

I'll have to say HOLDZ too, they've redone their site, they look well cool now!
Jason 10 Mar 2004
hey, anyone know if u can buy online with HOLDZ?
cheers
matthew waring 11 Mar 2004
In reply to Jason:
ye
www.holdz.co.uk
In reply to Jason:

www.indoor-rock.co.uk
 jas wood 16 Mar 2004
In reply to OopzISlippedAgain:

holdz.co.uk are reasonably priced HOWEVER i personally got two packs of metolious super sevens (they can be used in a variety of positions) and at 30 quid a shot are good.Advise tho if you require extra nuts get them from a building supplier! (extra nuts allow you to move holds for different probs!) and if footholds are needed either use lats or a small pack of critters.

anyway rant over hope this assists
pipp 13 Apr 2004
In reply to jas wood:
ok, im pretty clueless about this stuff but want to buy some holds for a friend. i have looked on the holdz site, and what is the difference between the screw ones and the bolt ones? and with the screw on ones it says for plywood only. i dont know what my friends wall in his garage is like, but do they tend to be plywood?
thanks
 jas wood 13 Apr 2004
In reply to OopzISlippedAgain:
screw on TEND to be smaller and not as good and harder to move (to create different problems) youre mates wall must be ply ! never heard of anything else i,d personally go for metolius super sevens as they can be placed in differnt angles and are quite juggy(easier) than most
pipp 13 Apr 2004
In reply to jas wood:
thanks, will check out what u recommended.
thankyou!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...