UKC

ice screw sharpening

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Blue Water White Death 04 Mar 2004
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as an ice screw sharpening machine? I was at my secret new bouldering venue (don't get excited, it's nothing major) yesterday afternoon, cleaning a few projects, and my screws were too blunt to cut through the moss.

I guess I'll just have to buy new ones.
satori 04 Mar 2004
In reply to Blue Water White Death:

i find snargs or bulldogs work better on vegetated boulders and you don't really have to worry about sharpening them.
Blue Water White Death 04 Mar 2004
In reply to satori:

?

I have a sheep dog, but all he does is run around catching sticks?
dinkypen 04 Mar 2004

I'm sure I saw a banner ad on here for an ice screw sharpening machine? Keep your eye out.....
 TobyA 04 Mar 2004
In reply to dinkypen: Don't play with trolls Dinkypen - you'll only encourage them.
The Gnome With No Home 04 Mar 2004
> Does anyone know if there is such a thing as an ice screw sharpening machine...my screws were too blunt to cut through the moss.

The best thing to do with your ice screws is to sharpen them at both ends like you would a pencil - that way when one end is blunt turn it around and use the other. Easy Peasy.
 TobyA 04 Mar 2004
In reply to Alan James, ROCKFAX: Alan! I thought you'd zap this not encourage him?!
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to Alan James, ROCKFAX) Alan! I thought you'd zap this not encourage him?!

Ugh. There was me moderating away and I completely forgot the first rule of moderating - make sure you properly read the thread!

Still, some people might be genuinely interested in the link.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...