UKC

OTE clothing catalogue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Monk 30 Mar 2004
What is going on with On the Edge this month? A royal robins catalogue (fair enough it is advertising and probably cost a bomb but it is still irritating) and the new gear section is a bloody clothing catalogue loosely related to climbing. The last time they did this style of "gear review" they got slated, so why have they bothered to do it again? Oh well, my subscription has just run out, so I won't have to bother cancelling it.
 Stuart S 30 Mar 2004
In reply to Monk:

The thing that annoyed me most with the new OTE was all the Welsh tourist board adverts stuck to various pages throughout the mag, which were something of a bugger to remove without tearing the page they were stuck to.

Certainly didn't make me want to go to Wales, just chin the bloke who thought that glueing in the adverts would make blind bit of difference to their effectiveness.
OP Monk 30 Mar 2004
In reply to Stuart S: I'd forgotten about them! They were bloody annoying too. As if climbers need to be reminded that wales exists!
 Tyler 30 Mar 2004
In reply to Monk:

At least they haven't got an article describing a bouldering area to with sensitive access arrangements. Oh hold on......
 GrahamD 30 Mar 2004
In reply to Monk:
> (In reply to Stuart S) I'd forgotten about them! They were bloody annoying too. As if climbers need to be reminded that wales exists!

Many of the ones that read OTE DO need reminding that the world doesn't end at the Peak.
harryP 30 Mar 2004
In reply to Monk:

Isn't OTE just for peak and welsh boulderers?
 Niall 30 Mar 2004
In reply to harryP: ..and people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
harryP 30 Mar 2004
In reply to Niall:
Nearly forgot the "holiday" artical .. or the ultimate sandstone bouldering errosion list.

Mind you there is at least one good artical every couple of months like the Chronic Fatigue Sydrome one. But one decent artical every couple of months isn't any good for sales.
 Adam Lincoln 31 Mar 2004
In reply to Monk:

Hmmm, most annoying was that most of the pictures they used in the Kalymnos article were labled wrong, but hey, maybe iam bitter cause they didnt use mine
 Wilbur 01 Apr 2004
In reply to Monk:

i found that royal robins thing frickin annoying too

to be honest i read the entire mag in under 30 mins which is really pants when you think about it.

surely they could put a bit more effort into it?
 TobyA 01 Apr 2004
In reply to Tyler: Is there the seemingly obligatory letter from a 17 yr old saying "I started climbing, like, yesterday, and your mag is like, dead cool. Can I have a bouldering mat please?"

When I stopped buying OTE I thought there might be some things that I would miss, but I flick through it once in a while on the newsagents shelves and it hasn't got any better since I last bought one. Sad really.
 Tyler 01 Apr 2004
In reply to TobyA:

Are you still writing that letter? Give it a rest, they know you're not 17 and they won't be giving you a bouldering mat!

Actually I've not read it myself, just seen the cover and was surprised to see an article on Craig y Longridge. i recently bought a load of back copies of OTE so now have a nearly full set so being a sad completeist the pressure is on to buy it from now on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...