UKC

winter climbers wanted for Greenland Exped.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Matt 08 Mar 2001
Hi,
Currently building a team to go to the east coast mountain ranges of Greenland this summer. We're looking for climbers/mountaineers with Scottish winter experience. Conditions are apparently much better but the some of the climbing is similar!! There's huge potential for new routes at all grades- from ridge scramble traverses, to serious alpine ice & rock to big walls. We are going to ski into the area pulling all our gear in sledges (no exper. neccesary). We'll be there for around 21 days.
The area is absolutely beautiful and involves travelling up around 60 kms of iceberg strewn fjiord where whales are often seen. If you're interested, post a message and I'll email you some more info.
We want to fill the remaining spots soon, so that we can all get out in Britain together before we go.
cheers,
Matt
OP Anonymous 08 Mar 2001
Hi, I'm blonde, 5' 6" and have always had an affinity for Wales, and I pine for a fjiord.

Best of luck Matt - hope the trip is a success.

ged 12 Mar 2001
send me all the info you've got, including approximate costs, dates etc. i'm interested-how many places are there?
alan 12 Mar 2001
matt,
sounds ok send me the details cost ect and i will get back to you with my details ect. alan
nick 12 Mar 2001
Hi Matt,

I'd definately be interested in a little trip to the green land. I need to know dates asap to see if i could get time off work.
richard 13 Mar 2001
Hey! I was on an expedition to E.Greenland last summer - we were in the Tupilak area and did some stuff around the Tasilaq mountain hut. Let me know if you want some info - or a copy of the report which I need to send to the BMC at some point........
Ian 13 Mar 2001
Please send details of the trip, Icould only attend if its in the school summer break
Fletch 13 Mar 2001
OK Matt send me some info before I go Foot and Mouth mad. Are there any Sheep in Greenland?
Megan 17 Mar 2001
Hi! Could you send me some details please?
David Jinks 19 Mar 2001
Matt,

Interested in your plans.
I'm no real climber though.
More of a ski-mountaineer.
Traversed the South Patagonian Ice Cap in Jan 2000 AND WILL RETURN in Jan 2002 - or is that Jan 3002.
Climbed stuff there obviously.
Looking 2do same in Greenland.
But, like I say wanting 2do more ski-down stuff.

Made film of Pat. thing.
Would want 2do same in Greenland if interested/willing.

Need 2 know costs and dates asap. if suitable.

If interested take a look at www.fridgeproductions.co.uk to get an idea of my thang man !

Good luck anyway and all that.

David Jinks.
 JR 21 Mar 2001
Yeah excellent,

send me some details, ill need dates and costs ASAP

Cheers
John
Hugh Thomas 27 Mar 2001
Hi, I have just seen your advert on ukclimbing website. It sounds very interesting, please can you send me some more details, prices, dates etc. I'm not a massively good winter climber, but I would definitely like to learn. I went on Hot Rock 2000 overland from London to Delhi putting up new routes, so I'm well into any kind of exploring etc,
Cheers
Hugh Thomas
mark allday 27 Mar 2001
Sound like a dam good expedition and would like to be part of it. My experiance is rather limited, but i am very willing so please could you send me costs and dates.
Thanks Mark
ben 03 Apr 2001
Sounds great.
Please send info if you still have any places.
Death 03 Apr 2001
works been crap, have no money, no gilrfriend, haven't had sex in ages and have a full rack1

I'm in!
emily 26 Apr 2001
In reply to Matt: Met a bloke going on the trip (ben I think). Sounds amazing- count me in!? please could you send some info
Em
Tom Briggs, Jagged Globe 27 Apr 2001
In reply to Matt:

Fancy posting some more info about your Greenland expedition on the 'Expeditions' board?

Tom
--
climbcat 27 Apr 2001
In reply to Matt: please send info to this hotmail address.
I have been to Greenland before but have done no winter routes there, only Scotland and Alps
Cheers
climbcat 27 Apr 2001
In reply to Matt: please send info to climbcat@hotmail.com address.
I have been to Greenland before but have done no winter routes there, only Scotland and Alps
Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...