UKC

Anyone going to Peru,Corsica,Newzealand or Via Ferrata climbing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
matnoo 19 Apr 2004
Right, from the previous years when I had one climbing mate and we went to wales, the lakes every weekend, etc.. the alps has been my furthest possible venture, as im usually skint.

Now I have shed loads of climbing mates and my other friends are opening up too many opportunitys, this year:

1.My climbing mates are going to do some via ferrata(2 weeks)
2.My mate is going to corsica to do nannying (the whole summer)
3.My other climbing mate is going to Peru to teach and to give herself a year off.
4.My other climbing mate is going to newzealand for a year to go travelling.

WHAT DO I DO!?

Ive got enough in the bank that Ive saved up for a deposit on a house... I REALY NEED TO MOVE OUT. But then again, if I spend it all, in the space of 6 months, I could fly out to, climb in and have free accomodation on nearly every continent!

I know itd be great to say 'blow it all on climbing' but i cant, Id be living at home til im was 40 otherwise.

Where do i go? I like summer climbing, but i love winter stuff more, Ice is best, mountaineering is better. Glaciers are great, but then again, a cool beer whilst bouldering in a mediterranian sun is pretty appealing too.

Boohoo! Ive got too many options, and I need to make a decision now to get my head round booking things/logistics/preperation/getting fit etc.

so:
A)has anyone been to any of these places and would you recommend them (can only get about 17 days off work at a time)

B)Is anyone going to any of these places to fill a seat on a plane?

It doesnt rain, it pours.

Mat
In reply to matnoo:
I'm off to Peru (Lima) to teach (for 2 months) & then off travelling for another year.
Sold my house & taking a gamble (come back to no house, job or posessions after yesterday's car-boot sale).
Been eternally skint all my life, but that won't change unless I get some well-paid job (v. unlikely).
Thought about it for a while & have chance (no comittments/ties) to do it now so going for it. Could go t*ts-up & probably will, but I'll risk it for a biscuit.
Tricky one for yourself, if you get chance to do any of these sort of things & situations/ties permit; go for it.
Itchy feet only get itchier, so they say.
Probably no help whatsoever, but that's my little story.
p.s. Whereabouts is your mate going to teach in Peru?
matnoo 19 Apr 2004
In reply to Roger Irrelevant:

Shes going to a little village at 3000m, thats all I know. Shes a football trainer, so is going to teach english and football.

Cheers for the input, but as for my tuppence worth:
One tip, Get good insuarance

Hope you have a good time.

Mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...