UKC

Canyonlands or Mountain Marathon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
John Beeston 01 May 2004
Hi,

Am about to get tent for myself. My main requirements were for it to be lightweight and not too bulky when you put it in your rucsac. Have narrowed it down to 2 - Canyonlands and Mountain Marathon - both by The North Face. My Simple questions:

1. Would anyone recommend me not to get one of these?
2. Any special deals for these at the moment - shops in South East or internet shops?

Thanks.
willow 02 May 2004
In reply to John Beeston:

I have a mountain 25, the groundsheet started letting in water about a year after I bought it. NF put in a new one without any problems. But on my last trip it was letting in again - a wet sleeping bag where it hung off my thermarest, not nice. I expect
NF will sort it out again, but that's not the point. If it hadn't been a good day to dry my gear I would have had an unpleasant following night. This is not my only tent; I have 2 Terra Novas that haven't ever given me any problems. Personally I would not buy another NF tent, but perhaps I've just been unlucky - will be interested in what other people have to say.
kieran b 03 May 2004
In reply to John Beeston:
i bought a canyonlands in the states last year...yes, it's light though as a result it is in effect single-skinned, the inner being mesh. This means that condensation can be a problem...at least i have hoped that it was just condensation dripping on my face and not a leak! I guess this is a problem with lightweight tents though i think there are better rated tents out there...k

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...